Wordpress , newest version OC and firmware 16.1 release date

Wordpress , newest version OC and firmware 16.1 release date

Postby raidsm » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi everyone,

is there a way to install wordpress server (i know it's some components put together) as I would like to start learning wordpress. I know I could use the owrdpress.com (As i do right now) but would like to add some plugging with you can't do unless you use the paid version of wordpress.com.

I also saw that there will be soon a release of the 16.1 firmware which pack a lot of goodies. Someone knows when it will be released? I would like to "reset" my ns2 but I'm waiting for the new release to do clean install.

Also is there a way to have a newest version of own cloud? The one I saw here is the version 6 and is a bit limited in features. Is there a way to have a newest one or it is because of the limitation of the hardware of the ns2?

Anyway lot of great work and talent are into this firmware and congrats for all of those who make this happens. A already had some sinology pases but somehow it's interesting to use the firmware and learn while using it. In fact i also like the ns2 hardware with is enough for majority of the stuff , small and silent. Keep the good work folks. :punk
raidsm
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Wordpress , newest version OC and firmware 16.1 release

Postby Jocko » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:44 pm

Hi raidsm

Yes you can install yourself wordpress as it is a php server. But maybe wordpress requires some additional extensions for php.
So read this topichttp://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1578&p=11813&hilit=symlink+webserver#p11813

About the newest version I think that we will be able to release it in 2/3 weeks

and for owncloud, it is on my todo list. Maybe in October (if it is easy to update it)or November but after releasing an update package for btsync (current version doesn't work with some remote Mac OS)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby raidsm » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:49 pm

Hi Jocko! thank you very much.

After making the symlink and after coping all the wordpress files I ran through the install.php process and it seems that there missing MySQL.

Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

Is there an easy fix for that? I know that PHP 5.5.7 is installed but I have not found the info but it seem that sqlite in installed but I don't know if it's possible to install mysql?

here what is needed.

PHP version 5.2.4 or higher.
MySQL version 5.0 or higher.
raidsm
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:12 am

you can find it it the download section, to be installed as addon

viewforum.php?f=15
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby raidsm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:53 pm

Thank you for your help!
The Mysql installation went smootly but I got the same error when I try to install wordpress: Your PHP installation appears to be missing the MySQL extension which is required by WordPress.

I know My SQL is started , working , I did create a Database via Mysql workbench BUT

I'm unable to add extentinos on mysql to the php server.

I did add the line
extention=mysql.so
extention-msql.so

but it did nothing and got the same error...

I must be missing something, maybe the path of the extention? (I also did a reboot of the nas after all of my changes and retarted the mysql.)

BTW is there a way to automaticaly boot the Mysql? (i will seach this but if you know it ...)

many thanks again! i'm learning quite a few things right here.
raidsm
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:03 pm

I see you need the php mysql extension, I will compile it for you
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby raidsm » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:06 pm

Great thank you very much!
raidsm
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:14 pm

raidsm wrote:BTW is there a way to automaticaly boot the Mysql? (i will seach this but if you know it ...)
You need to enable the feature boot jobs in the related menu and create a small shell in /direct-usb/fvdw/cron-boot where you run the start command for Mysql
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:07 pm

as in 16-1 we will include php 5.6.6. Therefor I propose you upgrade php as well, also my system is now setup for 5.6.6 compiling an extension for older version is to much work to revert everything back.

Attached a patch that will upgrade your php version to 5.6.6 and it includes the mysql extension
You will need to modify your php.ini file to use load it and reboot
I assume you will know how that.
Ps the extension requires mysql to be installed as addon

The path can installed using the upload patch file menu in the web interface (read the help page of that page to find out how to use the upload file feature)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:10 pm

I edited my previous post
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Next

Return to Lacie Network Space vs2 and max version