Address used to register

post here any question or information you want to share on Computers

Address used to register

Postby palisir » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:26 pm

Hi!

I am new to this forum. I got a NS2 and was glad to find a real firmware for it.

I just wanted to know if I were the only one who got problems to register.
I first tried fews months ago, without success. Everytime I tried, I got a weird message saying that my mail wasn't correct. So I tried to contact the admin to find what was going on, but had no response.
As I really wanted to access the private part of the forum, I tried again and had the same messages.
I then tried, in a last resort, to enter all the possible domains and it happened to work with the address provided with my french ISP (@orange.fr).
It was totally unexpected and although I was happy to finally have an account, I really didn't understand why I had to use this address domain name.

Do all the registered users have "special authorized address" like this one ? Or was I the only one with this bug, due to unknown circumstances ?
Would that mean that a big amount of people try to register the forum but only few of them - those with an authorized address - manage to do so ?

It's not a complain, I just want to understand what happened or let the admins know that there's a bug with the subscription.

Did one of you ever expected this issue too ?

EDIT: Whenever I try to edit my mail address (I don't want to use my ISP's one :) ) my actual address is still considered as restricted. I tried, among others, with an address on a custom domain name (@paulalisir.com) and with a gmail one.

Paul
palisir

Re: Address used to register

Postby Jocko » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Hi palisir,

There is no issue with the mail address. We just ban some address like gmail because we have too boring spams with these addresses.

Note: with your ISP you can create an alias for your mail address.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby palisir » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 pm

Oh, ok. But... Isn't it one of the most used mail service ?

In that case, why not at least warn the users so they are not stuck at this step ?

Also, do you use a white list ? Because I don't see any reason my personal domain is banned from you site.

Thanks for replying.
palisir

Postby Jocko » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 pm

palisir wrote:Also, do you use a white list ? Because I don't see any reason my personal domain is banned from you site.
Thanks for replying.
yes, we can add your personal domain in a white list if you ask it
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby palisir » Fri May 09, 2014 3:14 pm

Jocko wrote:yes, we can add your personal domain in a white list if you ask it

I'm sorry I didn't see you replied. That's ok, I'll continue to use my isp address. Thank you for asking.
palisir

Return to Computers and General Discussions