functioning miniDLNA

post here any question or information you want to share on Computers

functioning miniDLNA

Postby venom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:16 pm

Bonjour,
Je me permet de revenir a la charge ;) car je pense ne pas bien connaitre le principe de miniDLNA.

Je vous explique mon probleme. J'ai activé miniDLNA pour que mon network space V1 puisse être accessible via ma TV (Freebox).
Après l'activation, je voie bien sur ma freebox "Serveur miniDLNA" quand je vais dessus je voie 3 dossier "music" "vidéo" et "pictures".
Mais ces dossiers restent vides maigres que j'y ai ajouté du contenu dans le network space via mon ordinateur.
Donc je ne comprend pas pourquoi miniDLNA ne voie pas mes fichiers ajoutés. :(

En plus quand je navigue dans le miniDLNA via mon ordinateur je voie bien les fichiers "music" "vidéo" "pictures" mais je ne peut pas envoyé de fichier a l’intérieur, c'est bloquer en ecriture. Je peut seulement envoyé via FTP dans le dossier "public"

Je doit donc mal m'y prendre, ou j'ai mal configurer mon serveur :? Bref, un coup de main ne serait pas de refus :P :-D
Merci Venom

@++
venom

Re: functioning miniDLNA

Postby fvdw » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:16 pm

Dear venom,

because of internal use we prefer to use english as language. Therefor a kind request to make posts in that language
Also the possibility that you get a reply from other members will greatly increase
thank you for your understanding and cooperation

fvdw

this is the google translate of your post
vernon wrote:I will return in charge;) because I think not well understand the principle of miniDLNA.

I explain my problem. I turned to my network miniDLNA space V1 can be accessed via my TV (Freebox).
After activation, well on my way I Freebox "Server miniDLNA" when I go over I see 3 "video folder" music "" and "pictures".
But these folders are empty meager that I added content in the network space via my computer.
So I do not understand why miniDLNA not see my added files. : (

In addition when I browse the miniDLNA via my computer I see many files "music" "video" "pictures" but I can not send a file inside, it's block in writing. I can only sent via FTP to the "public" folder

I must hurt me go, or I hurt configure my server? In short, a hand would not refuse: P:-D
thank you Venom
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby venom » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:37 pm

sorry I'm not speak English. :oops:
to summarize, none file appears in my miniDLNA.
I sent via ftp in the folder "public" but nothing.
I do not know how to have used miniDLNA. :shock:
How see the files on my TV ?
I see well the folder "pictures" "movie" "music" but empty.
Thank. i'm sorry for translation
venom ;)

@++
venom

Postby Jocko » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:28 am

Hi Venom,

Check if you have enable these options in the Configure Minidlna server menu:
-Enable notify (Mise à jour auto): Yes
-Notify interval(Tous les (s)):~300

Did you also add your media folders ? in the help, you have:
Media streaming:
The table lists all selected shares or subfolders which will be in streaming by the server according to what content type.

To add a new folder, select one more in combox area "Select a new folder". The selected folder can be a share or a subfolder. Adding will fail if this selected folder is a subfolder of an item already presents in the media streaming table but also if an item of that table is itself a subfolder of your selected new folder.

After adding, by default all content type will be in streaming for the new media, you can change that directly in the media streaming table.

To delete one folder (or more) listed in the table, check the related checkbox and click on the button "Delete the selected folder"
of course, before going back to the main menu, you must save your changes.

if you want to update immediately the minidlna database, you must restart minidlna with rescan
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby venom » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Hello,

The parameters were good, I did not know he had to stop and then restart miniDNLA after you have changed the parameters. :? :doh :oops:

Now the target folder has was taken into account. Thank you everything works has wonder :rock

thank for help.

PS: I love this alternative firmware :thumbup

@++
venom

Postby Jocko » Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:24 pm

Thank Venom
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Computers and General Discussions