How to delete files from tr-downloads folder?

How to delete files from tr-downloads folder?

Postby matpic » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:46 am

I use the trasmission torrent client. When I try to delete files in tr-downloads from Windows it says something like access denied. how can I erase the files and folders inside?
thank you
matpic

Re: How to delete files from tr-downloads folder?

Postby fvdw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:23 am

that must then be downloads made in the past, the latest firmware version should store the file with permission that enables delete.
If you can delete them then file permissions must changed manually, you will need to access the nas via ssh (Putty) and set permissions of all files in the tr-downloads folder to 777 (r/w for everybody)
Code: Select all
chmod 777 /share/1000/tr-downloads/*

You could also use WinSCP to do this

Note that when accessing via SSH that all shared folders are stored in /share/1000
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby matpic » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:43 pm

fvdw wrote:that must then be downloads made in the past, the latest firmware version should store the file with permission that enables delete.
If you can delete them then file permissions must changed manually, you will need to access the nas via ssh (Putty) and set permissions of all files in the tr-downloads folder to 777 (r/w for everybody)
Code: Select all
chmod 777 /share/1000/tr-downloads/*

thank you for your help!
yes I'm talking about already made downloads. I don't have the latest firmware because it gives me an error when I try to update.
I've tried with Putty. After inserting the ip of the nas it asks me "login as:" what do I have to write here?
matpic

Postby fvdw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

username: root
password: giveit2me (unless you have changed the default setting)

which error do you get when trying to update the firmware ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby matpic » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:20 pm

fvdw wrote:username: root
password: giveit2me (unless you have changed the default setting)

thank you.I was able to download some folders.2 others on the contrary are still saying I need authorization.I don't know why but it happens

fvdw wrote:which error do you get when trying to update the firmware ?

now I have 12.0
when I go to the firmware update menu it says " This feature is not available for this NAS NWSP1"
matpic

Postby fvdw » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:38 pm

about not having an upgrade menu. Yes this is a known bug and 4 users downloaded the upgrade to 12.0 before we detected it and adapted the package. Apperently you are one of those.
There is a patch to solve it and make the menu visible so you can install upgrades again.
ps DO NOT downgrade from 12.0 to an earlier version as the database of the nas is adapted in 12-0 and not compatible with earlier versions.

(1) Put the attached tar file in the "fvdw" share of the NAS (Create this share if you did not do that in the past)
nwsp1-firmware-menu-patch.tar

(2) use the "upload file" menu in the web interface of fvdw-sl-12-0 to install the patch (see also help file of this menu)
type in command 1 field: "nwsp1-firmware-menu-patch.tar" (without the quotes)
type in command 2 field: "untar" (without the quotes)

PS: This upload file menu is present in the firmware upgrade tab of the web interface

(4) click accept button, a message will be displayed if the uploading succeeded or not

After that close your browser and start it again, now the upgrade menu should be visible again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby matpic » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:49 pm

fvdw wrote:...

After that close your browser and start it again, now the upgrade menu should be visible again.

:-D :-D :-D mission completed!!
matpic

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1