after update Lacie NwSp1 firmware 13.0 web login problem

after update Lacie NwSp1 firmware 13.0 web login problem

Postby red9chun » Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:53 am

Hi Gurus

I just updated latest firmware version 13.0. I met endless running of step 2 all the night, then I restart nwsp1 forceley.
After I try to nwsp1 via web ui but I don't know ID and passwd(what's admin-nas ID's passwd?).
However NAS is still working with NETBIOS.

Please give your advices
Thanks

H.K. CHUN
red9chun

Re: after update Lacie NwSp1 firmware 13.0 web login problem

Postby fvdw » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:14 pm

the password of admin-nas, the new user name to access administrator web interface, is the same one you had set before upgrade for accessing the web-interface with the old user name admin.

However if step 2 did not complete normally something must have gone wrong. If the nwsp1 comes up normally with the new firmware the best thing to do is install the new firmware again. Step 2 should be completed with 15 minutes. Sometimes the nwsp1 and spd8020 do not reboot properly after installing new firmware (step 3) if reboot doesn't proceed automatically and stops , if in that step the blue led is steady on but the nas is accessible via web interface or explorer then you might consider to force a reboot by unplugging the power and reconnect it.
Never do this in step 2, = writing the firmware to disk, and when the blue led is flashing indicating disk activity, if step 2 didn't complete after 15 minutes then something went wrong. In that event it is better not to reboot the NAS but close browser and open it again and try once more to install the new firmware, as long as no reboot is done the NAS is still running the old version of the firmware and should.
Only reboot when step 2 has been successful.
Step 2 can only fail if you did not set up the nwsp1 as described in the how to guide or if you did not use the correct firmware for nwsp1 (network space 1) or when there are bad sectors on your HDD
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Re: after update Lacie NwSp1 firmware 13.0 web login problem

Postby red9chun » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:57 am

Thanks for your quick response.
As your gudie I update firmware again then all work fine.
red9chun

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1