Brilliant Work - Thanks

Brilliant Work - Thanks

Postby rmotters » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:41 pm

A massive thank you.

I was giving up on my NetworkSpace, then I found this site.

With some trepidation, and a backup of the current data, I embarked on rebuilding the NAS with the 10.1 firmware. Upgraded it to 12.1 and I have to say this is so, so superb.

I am now in the process of decommissing my Ubuntu Server, which I was configuring to replace the Networkspace, cause this firmware does exactly what I want it to do. I have even managed to move my networked printer to it.

Keep up the good work.

:thinking Mmmmm! I wonder what's the next thing to tackle (owncloud?)
rmotters

Re: Brilliant Work - Thanks

Postby gbantema » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:15 pm

Also on my side: many thanks for this great product. I had the intention to throw away my Network Space but this new stuff make a lot better!
Thanks, hallelujah
gbantema

Postby wd9895 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Hey, throw it in my trunk !!! Heeerre ! Heeere !

The work both are doing is excellent. I wish I cou help them in testing, translating, whatsever.
wd9895
Donator Supporter
Donator Supporter

Postby fvdw » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 am

thanks for the compliments, much appreciated :-D

@wd9895

We still need translations for various languages. German, dutch, french and english are covered, but maybe you have skills in others ?
Indeed testing could also be option. There are now so many options that if we make a change its a lot of work to see if everything is still working.
Any other particular skills ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby wd9895 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi fvdw,

erman, french and english are the languages I could have helped you.
My IT skills ... mmm ... I did some programming in Z80 and 68K assembler and pascal but that's 20years ago :(
I'm a DOS and Windows child and had my first Linux experiences with fdisking the Lacie drive. But I have an understanding where to look for references and then it's only a matter of dailiy routines. Network protocols and topology I have certain experience with. Also some HTML programming.

I'm confidentv I can help you on testing what a regular user wants to use: shares, user rights, media servers, torrent clients.
wd9895
Donator Supporter
Donator Supporter

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1