disassemble LNS vs1

disassemble LNS vs1

Postby jimmy_ » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:20 pm

excuse me folks if the topic was discussed before. i searched the forums and googled for it but didn't find an answer

i'm just sitting in front of my old LNS vs1 and want to open it - in all your guidelines you write about opening the device to connect the hdd to a linux system. how do i actually open it? there are no screws.. i just don't want to crack the nice case if somehow possible. btw: i have root access to the system but i'd like to install your alternative firmware, and i think there's noway to do that without opening it, is that correct?

thanks you for your patience and help – or maybe you can point me to a forum post instead
jimmy
jimmy_

Re: disassemble LNS vs1

Postby fvdw » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:39 pm

Hi Jimmy

I don't have a nwsp1 myself so I never done it myself but I found this on te internet

The plastic top of the device can be dissembled form the metal bottom. There are 3 tabs in the plastic cover on both long sides. You will need to push away those tabs. To prevent a tab from popping back when working on another tab, you can use a few thin knives. One for every tab. Open one side a bit first, than the other side a bit and last both sides together. After removing the cover, unscrew the four screws of the hard disk and pull it out straight and level in the direction of the blue LED.

Maybe Jocko can add some comments, he has a nwsp1

and yes the hdd must be taken out to install fvdw-sl for the first time. If you install 10-1 then future upgrades can be done without disassembling assuming you follow the how guide for first time install
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby jimmy_ » Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:54 pm

thank you for your help, i tried your suggestions.. i even found those tabs and used a few knives.. but how the heck can i lift the inner/lower part out of the top case? :-( it seems to stick really hard to it.. hopefully jocko has some more information :-)
jimmy_

Postby fvdw » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:04 pm

this picture is from the first time install guide of the internet space 1 (thanks goes to Jaohan), seems to have the same construction regarding cover then nwsp1.

coverisp1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:41 pm

Nothing to add. That's the same box :shock:

You can use your credit cards to do it :lol:
_igp1373.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby jimmy_ » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:28 pm

thanks for all the replies! i finally got it open :-9
jimmy_

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1