fw 10-1 problems?

fw 10-1 problems?

Postby wxchaser » Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:32 pm

Just installed the 10-1 firmware from a clean drive using the instructions in the forums (which went without a hitch once ubuntu's foibles were figured out).

However, when I create a user, give them a password, allow full access to public and accept to save, It then takes me back to the Create New User screen with just 'dummy' listed.
If I then create a new share, give it a name say 'test' then want to add Users, only 'dummy' is available. If I then say no access to dummy, the screen goes back to the Create New Share screen and just public is shown.
Then, selecting create new share and entering test as the share name and dummy no access, it says at the top 'could not add share, share name already exists', then under users, shows all users that have been created on the unit, that were not showing up under the actual users section.

This also makes it a bit of a problem as you cannot delete/update users or the shares as they are just not shown anywhere.
Now, if you then go in to the System Management | Information | View system information, it shows up the users that you have added along with their passwords.

After adding lots of shares and lots of users to try and figure out how to get it to work first time, its seemed to sort itself out so when clicking User Account or File Share menu's, its lists it all as expected. Maybe this was a bit of a fluke?

Rob
wxchaser

Re: fw 10-1 problems?

Postby fvdw » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:17 pm

maybe you did not set the read/write rights correctly when creating the files on sda5. I can only imagine that weird things could happen if it could not write the data to the database file. But because it shows the new users or share when using view system information this is probably not the cause. As the information seems to be stored. It looks more like a browser cache issue. So the way you have set up your browser. Some browser you can set that it uses pages that are in cache.
I just checked on two systems but creating a new users just go fine and normally
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1