MlDonkey or other Emule clients

MlDonkey or other Emule clients

Postby art69 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:37 pm

Hello.

I've just finished to install fvdw-sl firmare. With some little problems, as i'm not a great Linux expert, but now is working.. from about an hour.

For now seems a great job, as in the past (2009) i've used my Network Space for some months and then put it away as it was very very slow and poor of functions.

The use for me is to share documents within my 3 pc reducing the use of USB keys and USB external hd.

But one of the use (the first, in fact, for wich i've pull out from my garage the NetworkSpace and put the fvdw-sl firmware) is to use it for Emule (and some torrents) :) without keeping a pc always on only for this job.

But i don't find MLDonkey within the functions. I've put first the 15-3 version, which i've read has this function, but i don't find it in any menus.

Now i've upgraded to 6-0 but also now i don't find it.

I've done something wrong? Must install in other method (how?). It's not a function for NS1 and it works only with different hardware?

If i haven't this feature i should think to put it again in my garage and buy a Qnap or Sinology...
art69

Re: MlDonkey or other Emule clients

Postby fvdw » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:23 pm

you have done nothing wrong, it is diabled for nwsp1. MLDonkey uses quite some resourses, the nwsp1 has only 16 MB of RAM, not enough to run MLDonkey in a smooth way. On the other hand I never tried it myself on that NAS maybe Jocko can comment on this
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Yes, mlnet requires at least 30-35MB RAM.

So if you use it with a nwsp1, you will get a very slow NAS (swap memory).

art69 wrote:But i don't find MLDonkey within the functions. I've put first the 15-3 version, which i've read has this function, but i don't find it in any menus.
In version 15.3, there was a bug: menu title displayed but with an empty menu on a nwsp1
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby art69 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:13 pm

When i've written '6-0' i meaned 16-0, obviously.

However, all this project is a very good job.
art69

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1