Problem with my Network Space

Problem with my Network Space

Postby Tobsen93 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Hello,
unfortunately my English is not good, I'm from Germany.
I use the google translator: D
I have a problem with my Lacie network drive. Have here the housing and a 1TB Festpltte is empty. Actually, I'm Windows user and I know with Linux, not really. I really wanted to now bring only the hard drive in transition but it is not recognized by linux. Can someone help me there. How am I best begin now. Hopefully I can help as a.

Best regards

P.S. Maybe someone has an image for me that I simply must play just and good.
Tobsen93

Re: Problem with my Network Space

Postby fvdw » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Tobsen

in the download section of the forum you can find a how to guide and all files you need to set up your hard disk, unfortunate it is in english.

To get it connected to a pc running Linux use a sata->usb connector and study Linux how to find it when connected. The disk needs to be mounted, its not straigharight forward to give an instruction how to make it visible on Linux.
Normally Linux PC version mount those new drives automatically and most of the time they can be find in a folder with name /media

belwo a quick description to do via a command line window under Linux.

If you run a command line window on Linux you could use a command like
Code: Select all
fdisk -l

to see all disks connected to the PC. If you have a disk in your PC that will be most of the time identified as /dev/sda
The disk connected via usb will be /dev/sdb or /dev/sdc dependent on how many drives you have in your system
You could look at the output before connecting the duisk and again after connecting to see which disk came new.
If you know which one it is you can mount it.
Assume it is /dev/sdb then make a mount point (= a directory)
mkdir /disk-sdb

en then mount it
mount /dev/sdb /disk-sdb

If all tghis goes well without error message then when opening the folder /disk-sdb you will be on the harddisk connected via usb
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Tobsen93 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:06 pm

I thank my fault it was that I've forgotten the root. Ok I have executed the instructions. The hard drive installed again but how do I get access? http://fvdwsl-base/ an IP does not work and I unfortunately do not have

Best regards Tobsen
Tobsen93

Postby fvdw » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:51 am

http://fvdwsl-base/ will not work if the workgroup defeined is not the same on your LAN
To find ip address there are programs out there that can scan the LAN

I use this one http://www.radmin.com/products/previous ... canner.php
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Tobsen93 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Hello,
Thank you for the program. But unfortunately I could not find the hard disk on the network. Did it again now new again with the 10th firmware made ​​but unfortunately still can not be broken or even more because I can set somewhere on the hard drive's IP already so they will be forgiven? I always have to apologize again to the Google translator to take her.

Best regards
Tobsen93

Postby fvdw » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:51 pm

Tobsen

please describe your problem in German, I can read german perfectly , maybe that easier for you to explain.
Does the nwsp1 boot normally, what does the blue led do. It should blink when start booting boot then flicker when reading from the harddisk and when finished it should be steady blue.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Tobsen93 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:53 am

ok sie funktioniert... danke für deine hilfe hab gemerkt das ich eine inernetspace habe und keine network space
Tobsen93

Postby fvdw » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:16 am

Tobsen93 wrote:ok sie funktioniert... danke für deine hilfe hab gemerkt das ich eine inernetspace habe und keine network space

:o oops mistake can happen, but good to hear that it is working now, but consider you are lucky an internet space is more powerful then an networkspace vs1. Did you instal version fvdw-sl-10-0 on your internet space vs1 ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Tobsen93 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:31 pm

no fvdw-sl firmware version 9-0
Tobsen93

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1