NFS access problem

NFS access problem

Postby flaps » Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:36 am

Hi everybody.
I'm using this firmware since version 11.
I've updated from v15 to v15.1 2 days ago. Since then I'm having problems with NFS access:
Transmission bt that runs on my Raspberry pi and that downloads to my Lacie Network Space vs1 NFS share, is giving me trouble:
After I restart both raspberry pi and Lacie Network Space vs1 all goes well. Some time after, raspberry pi stops having access to the NFS share. I gives the following error:
"Stale NFS file handle".
After this I cannot access NFS share from my raspberry pi nor from my mac os (for test propose).
Restarting NFS server through Lacie's menu's don't solve the problem. I have to restart Lacie Network Space to gain NFS access again.

Does anybody has a clue to what's going on here?

Thank you
Sérgio Rodrigues
Portugal
flaps

Re: NFS access problem

Postby fvdw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:59 pm

this typical happens if the nfs server is restarted with active connection to a client.

I need to look in the script if changes made in the last versions may be responsibly for this
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm

The Stale NFS file handle message means the NFS server has restarted since the last read. I do not use nfs myself a lot so I searched on the internet seems
ou need to manually unmount the mounted nfs directory (on your client). However, any processes trying to read from the directory will block the unmount. all those processes must be stopped or killed and then manually unmount with umount. No mount again and it should work ok again
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby flaps » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Thank you for your replay.

Something is off here. I've done what you suggested and some time after the same symptoms return.
Because my NAS is giving NFS access controlled by IP I even changed the IP address of the client - and allow it in the server. It worked for a while, but the problem returned in the following day...

Sérgio Rodrigues
flaps

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1