Torrents - Writing speed? CPU?

Torrents - Writing speed? CPU?

Postby hanshans5 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 am

2 days ago a found this -in my opinion - amazing firmware.
Took my old nswp1 out of the closet, and put the new firmware on it (first the 10, then updated till 15). Increadible easy... Overall improvement.

But... I am trying to download movies with Transmission. Forwarded the port trough te router, transmission also see the port is open.
Downloadspeed really low. Mostly starting at 750kb/s, but then dropping really fast till only 60kb/sec or even lower.
I can't find the problem... I think it has to do something with the writing speed of the harddrive.

I tried downloading with utorrent from my computer, en save the file to the nwsp1 shared folder.
Start speed is goed, up to 1.5mb/s, but dropping after a while to almost zero... Then few minutes after speed goes up again, then dropping again....

It's for sure not the torrent I was trying, cause if I download it to the harddrive of my laptop, it goes really fast. (up to 3MB/s).

Is it possible to help me improving my download speed with torrents? preferable trough transmission? Or the writing speed?

Btw: thank you for the really good firmware, it's really impressive!
hanshans5

Re: Torrents - Writing speed? CPU?

Postby Jocko » Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi hanshans5

First thank you for feedbacks, glad to heard that you like our firmware.
Remember NWSP1 has very low resources and so it can not have the same behaviour than your PC. It's why we set a default down and up speeds in transmissioncli configuration. You can overwrite those ones but think that transmissioncli uses many memory.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby hanshans5 » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:45 pm

Hello Jocko,

thank you for answering!

I realise the nwsp1 has really low resources, but at this moment, I can only get a steady speed of 40-50kb/sec. Is this really the maximum the nwsp1 can handle?
In the settings menu I changed the maximum down- and upload speed, and tested lots of different settings.

So, my question is actually: what average speed do you get with your transmission? And if its a lot higher then mine, what are your settings?
hanshans5

Postby Jocko » Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm

Hi hanshans5,

I use no longer my nwsp1 but if I remember well I got speed of 50-70kB with transmissioncli
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1