2TB disk. Problems?

Re: 2TB disk. Problems?

Postby oooyeah » Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:36 am

Orka Borka wrote:I'm using right now a Lacie Network Space v1 with a Western Digital 2TB Black Caviar and firmware 1.2.9.fw fvdw-sl 8.0. No problems so far.

Well, except being unable to read the original XFS 1tb partition from the hitachi disk shipped with the unit using some adaptors.. It seems that some sata to ubs controllers have problems identifying the right disk size when formatted as XFS (EXT2 partitions are perfectly working.)

@Orka Borka: I still have not had access to a stationary computer so no progress so far. When you did the partioning, did you encounter any problems? I friend of mine told me that I might need to do an alignment. For example: "parted -a optimal /dev/sda". Did you take any other steps other than those in the "official manual"?
oooyeah

Postby Orka Borka » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:52 pm

In the end I just moved everything on the new disk using a linux installation which was able to read the original XFS partiton, despite it notified me regarding some weird errors about the partition length (?). After I fixed it with xfs_check and moved everything, I just formatted the old drive.
Orka Borka

Postby i-zerocool » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:54 am

hello,

I also have a WD 2TB hard drive and I try to install over the lacie firmware.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=137

can you explain your method for clone the original hard drive Hitachi 1TB to WD 2TB ?
(distrib Unix version, tools, ... )

thank for your help
i-zerocool

Postby Orka Borka » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Nothing particularly exotic: I just connected them both using some SATA-IDE-USB Multi adapters (JMicron chipset; a Lacie-Branded one didn't work), and moved the relevant partitions using partimage. Several hours after, the new Hard Disk was ready to be plugged back inside his case. I turned it on and it was working correctly.
Orka Borka

Previous

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1