A bit confusing

A bit confusing

Postby santa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:56 am

Like I say in a previous post after writing your firmware on a Lacie network space vs2 at home, I made a same procedure on Lacie network space vs1 at work, everything went OK, but.....

when I press NAS standby WOL, my NAS doesn't respond on ping, but blue led keep lighting (at home on my V2 led stop lighting), so is this normal ?

And another question for this two models, what is procedure for shutting down, and powered up from power switch, is the same like in original firmware (power up, resetting and so on) ?

AGAIN, :thumbup for your EFFORT.

All most forgot, patch for WOL http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=888#p5153 is applied on Lacie network space vs1, for vs2 I will wait for next firmware.
santa

Re: A bit confusing

Postby fvdw » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 am

santa wrote:when I press NAS standby WOL, my NAS doesn't respond on ping, but blue led keep lighting (at home on my V2 led stop lighting), so is this normal ?

Indeed the Nas won't respond on a ping you need to send a "magic package" to wake it up from WOL. About the LED I don't knoe it should go out, but I don't have a nwsp1, but Jocko has so maybe he can comment on that.

And another question for this two models, what is procedure for shutting down, and powered up from power switch, is the same like in original firmware (power up, resetting and so on) ?

For nwsp2 the shutdown procedure is possible via web interface (shutdown/restart menu). The power button of nwsp2 works as follow. Pressing and holding for more then 1 second and releasing before 5 second will cause a restart (reboot). Pressing and holding more then 5 seconds and then release it cause a shutdown. When nwsp2 is in WOL then pressing the power button for 1 second will wake it up.
For nwsp1 Jocko need to comment
AGAIN, :thumbup for your EFFORT.

thank you for the compliment, much appreciated :-D
All most forgot, patch for WOL http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=888#p5153 is applied on Lacie network space vs1, for vs2 I will wait for next firmware.

This patch only fix enabling WOL via a cron job.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby santa » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:02 am

Danke, for quick reply
santa

Postby Jocko » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:17 am

I just did a test and indeed the wol standby process doesn't run well :

The blue LED stays blinking and the HDD doesn't spin down.(---edit--- after more test, internal HDD is spin down. So there is only an issue with blue LED)

So something to deepen.

About the power button. As nwsp1 have not a push button, the sequence is a bit different :
1/to turn off the NAS NWSP vs1 following this sequence (initially, the switch is to 1):
- Turn the switch on position 0,
- When the LED flashes (1 or 2 seconds), put the switch back to position 1
- Finally, turn the switch in position 0 within 10 seconds.

2/ to make a reboot :
- Turn the switch on position 0,
- When the LED flashes (1 or 2 seconds), put the switch back to position 1
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie Network Space vs1