avi files disappear on Philips TV

avi files disappear on Philips TV

Postby Lars123 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 pm

Hi Forum,
I hope you can help me.

The Problem: Mediafiles (avi and JPEG) do not show up when I try to run them from the TV...

The Config...
I am using the Philips NAS SPD8020 with the Firmware Version 1.2.9.42
I use a Philips TV with regular Philips WLAN Stick.
My PC System is Win7 64bit..

The network config... (Overview as this is not part of the problem...)
NAS - Cable - DSL Fritzbox Router/Switch -Cable to - WLAN Accesspoint - Philips WLAN Stick in TV

What happend so far...
Until last night everything worked fine, streaming and watching no problems....the problem started last night where I copied some movie files to the NAS and as well I deleted some GB last night to gain
hdd space. Since than the TV only shows me the folders and says that there are no appropriate files to be played. Accessing the NAS from my PC, everything is there as usual and playable.

Could it be I deleted some important NAS file? Some kind of a registry or so?

What I did so far....
I restarted the device (on/off), took out power completely (unplugged)
I stopped the media player (unchecked), restarted the device and started the media player again(checkend)
Copied files from the NAS to different device, Files showed up with no problem on second streaming device.. so its not the files themselve...(~2.5 GB Movie file)

Another HDD, attached via the network works as usual and shows me all files as ever. Even with the new mediafiles it works fine.

Maybe you have an idea.
Thanks for your help and Regards from Hannover, Germany,
Lars

PS: Question ahead ;-).. when I update to the latest Firmware.. what I assume will be one of the advices.. will it keep my data or will it also delete Date? (omg. I am a noob on such things ;-) )
Lars123

Re: avi files disappear on Philips TV

Postby fvdw » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:15 pm

The Config...
I am using the Philips NAS SPD8020 with the Firmware Version 1.2.9.42
I use a Philips TV with regular Philips WLAN Stick.
My PC System is Win7 64bit..

That means you still use the Philips Firmware and that means also the "marvel media server".
Its a very limited server and I do not know much about it, we even removed it form our firmware.
Maybe the database of the server got corrupt :dontknow
What you could try is a reset of the media sever and lit it rebuild the database again.
In the original Philips firmware there is a button to reset the media server.

If you upgrade to our firmware, for instance the latest one 13-0, then you will the possibility to use different media servers like Twonky (license needed), minidlna (free), mediatomb (free), see announcement forum for more info
The data stored on your spd8020 will not be lost when upgrading the firmware. (The upgrade process is the same as with original Philips firmware)
However there are some spd8020's in the field that appear have smaller system partitions then the "normal" spd8020. A normal one has system partitions of 250 MB while the deviating ones have only 100 MB. If you have such an spd8020 with 100 MB system partitions then our newest firmware can not be used on your spd8020 without modifying partition structure of the disk. This because it is bigger then 100 MB due to many features and improvements added.
If you have such an spd8020 can be found out by trying. Just try the upgrade, if the system partitions are too small then the upgrade will fail and display an error message. If you then reboot the NAS it will be still running the original firmware.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Lars123 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

Hey Thanks so much for the fast answer. :)
I was on a business trip and just came back. It looks as if the NAS has just needed a rebuild of the Database. Everything appears now. :)))) Yeah!!!
Maybe shifting around some GB´s within short time was a bit too much stress for my little budy. :)

Yes, I think I upgraded the FW once... years ago. What would be the advantage using one of the other media servers?
I mean my philips tv is streaming the movie files from the hdd and thats it. Would another mediaserver add fast forward etc. to the tv menue?

Thanks so much for your fast answer. :))) I love the internet :))
Lars123

Postby fvdw » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Lars123 wrote:
Yes, I think I upgraded the FW once... years ago. What would be the advantage using one of the other media servers?
I mean my philips tv is streaming the movie files from the hdd and thats it. Would another mediaserver add fast forward etc. to the tv menue?

no the other medi servers will not add that, its a function of the software in your TV.
If you are happy with the marvell server then there is no need to upgrade.

in the announcement topic ou can read some more info on features of the fvdw-sl firmware. But if you don't needs those then well why upgrade.
In my case I was unstaisfied about the fact that you could not add different users in the Philips firmware and define shares and so. So I started to modify it. I know it got a little out of control.. :mrgreen:
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Lars123 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:24 pm

I only use it as hous internal backup device.. yeah I see it got a little out of control ;-)
But anyway nice work you do here!!! I really apprecitate your answers, help and advise.
Lars123

Postby holger_new » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Lars123,

I looking for Phillips firmware version 1.2.9.42. Unfortunately its no longer available on the Phillips server. Are you able to forward the files?

Best regards

Holger
holger_new

Postby Jocko » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:11 pm

Hi holger_new

With an easy google search, you would find several links to download the firmware ;)

But here a link http://www.touslesdrivers.com/index.php?v_page=23&v_code=19969&v_langue=en
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby holger_new » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:30 am

Hi Jocko,

that is true and I tried the serious ones before (mentioning correct file size, like above), but when pressing the download button all of them tried to access the philips server, but the spd8020 firmware page has been removed. I already contacted the Philips support, but they mentioned some problems with firmware 1.2.9.42 (and higher) and refused to provide the re-tracted firmware.

Is there any difference in down-/upload speed between 1.2.9.40 (which is the actual firmware), 1.2.9.42 and the fvdw firmware?

I actually have problems with the Marvell mediaserver (Playstation 3 claims DNLA error 7522 when trying to open mediaserver folders on spd8020, similar error when using Windows 7 mediaplayer). I want to do AVCHD (full HD p50) streaming to the PS3 through a Gigabit LAN, so bandwidth is important.

BR Holger
holger_new

Postby fvdw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:35 am

holger_new wrote:
Is there any difference in down-/upload speed between 1.2.9.40 (which is the actual firmware), 1.2.9.42 and the fvdw firmware?

I actually have problems with the Marvell mediaserver (Playstation 3 claims DNLA error 7522 when trying to open mediaserver folders on spd8020, similar error when using Windows 7 mediaplayer). I want to do AVCHD (full HD p50) streaming to the PS3 through a Gigabit LAN, so bandwidth is important.

BR Holger

no there is no difference in upload/download speed

why do you prefer the Philips firmware and the buggy Marvel media server ?
I am sure I have this Philips firmware still somewhere I will look for it this evening. Do you need version 40 or 42 ? I think I only have version 1.2.9.47

--edit here you go, I only have version 1.2.9.47 (my spd8020 came with version 42)
really a pity that you keep using this :disapprove
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:55 pm

I edited previous post
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Next

Return to Philips SPD8020