SPD8020 doesn't boot the first time.

SPD8020 doesn't boot the first time.

Postby B___MAN » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi,

I just rediscovered my SPD8020 in the attic and I found the new FVDW firmware so I decided to upgrade it.
I uploaded the firmware and hung at step 2. I decided to reboot.

The SPD8020 didn't boot so I thought I was in trouble. I hit the reset button and after that the power button. The NAS shut down.
I pushed the power button and the NAS booted again and this time I could access it! (the web based admin console and through SMB)

I altered some settings, found out that there was no install button at the Transmission and Twonky servers. Decided to reboot from the admin console.
And after the reboot the NAS wasn't on the network, I couldn't access it.

Did the thing with the reset and powerbutton again and I could access the the NAS again.

Is there still something wrong with the update?

Thanks for your reply's.

Great that there is still a community out there that supports this unit.

Greetings,
B___MAN
The Netherlands
B___MAN

Re: SPD8020 doesn't boot the first time.

Postby fvdw » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:30 pm

which firmware version did you install ?

As the spd8020 did not complete step2 at the first upgrade I think something has gone wrong and the upgrade was not complete.
It is abnormal that there are no buttons to install twonky or transmission. But that can also happen in case you did notclear caches of your browser.
You need to close your browser and start it again otherwise it will keep using some parts of the old firmware still in cache of your browser on your PC.

Anyhow I suggest to install the firmware once more. Assuming that the upgrade menu still works ok. Be patient with step2 it can take a while (7 to 10 minutes). You can see if the spd8020 is still active by looking at the blue LED that indicates disk activity. Do not reboot unless the blue leds are continuously on and not blinking anymore for a period of time.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby B___MAN » Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:58 pm

Thanks for your reply! :hail
I can still use the update button.

I'm updating using Safari and OSX Mountain Lion.
Is that a problem for the update?

I will boot up an old PC and will preform an update again from that machine.
I guess I'll have to be more patient.

Thanks again.
B___MAN

Postby fvdw » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:08 pm

If you have made an upgrade to fvdw-sl-13-0 an you use safari as browser then you need to apply a patch
Otherwise indeed some menus are not displayed fully
see this topic viewtopic.php?f=7&t=888#p5091
It is also mentioned in the topic where you downloaded the firmware file that for safari you need to apply a patch when using fvdw-sl-13-0

probably no need to re-nstall the firmware, just try the patch first
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Philips SPD8020