Newbee but difficult question

Newbee but difficult question

Postby energy_olli » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:41 pm

Hello,

I´m new here, but I´m sure, if there is anybody out there who can hel, then here!

I have a SPD8020 (original Firmware) and I have an IPhone and the AppleTV Box!

On my Notebook I have ITunes and everything works perfect (I can play Music on the IPhone and on AppleTV from the ITunes Database)

If I´m at work, my Notebook is also with me, so my family can´t listen the saved ITunes Music.

So my Idea is, that I save the whole Music on the SPD8020 and let it run 24/7.

But is there a Firmware Update with an ITunes Service or so, that the devices could connect with the NAS?

If so: what must I do?

Thank you very much for your help!!!

Olli!!
energy_olli

Re: Newbee but difficult question

Postby fvdw » Wed Apr 04, 2012 10:10 pm

well if you have the original firmware on the spd8020 then there is no way to play files from a spd8020 to a device running iTunes as it has no server that is capable of doing that. If you upgrade the firmware on your spd8020 to our firmware then you can use iTunes to access the spd8020.
The fvdw-sl firmware contains the firefly mediaserver, that server can communicate with devices as PC and Iphone running iTunes. However your appleTV will not be able to communicate with the firefly server. There is currently no solution for that.
So if you would upgrade your firmware on the spd8020 to fvdw-sl-12-0 then you will have the possibility to stream audio and so on to iTunes clients running on a PC or iPhone but not to your appleTV .
If you have iTunes version 10.x installed on your PC or iPhone then you need to install a patch as well (see download section) as apple made some changes in iTunes 10x version compared with 9x versions. In the next release of the fvdw-sl firmware the iTunes-10x patch will be included.
If you use iTunes 9x version then no need to install the patch and you can use fvdw-sl-12-0 without a patch
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Philips SPD8020