No firmware update possible

No firmware update possible

Postby leadustin » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:59 pm

Hello everybody

I have a small problem with my SPD8020. The NAS is still running on firmware 1.2.9.47, original. I tried to flash a newer version but i failed because my partions are to small. So i decided to flash the spd8020-fvdw3-0-13122008.bin.
Upload is starting but after few minutes i got an error

I know i have to resize the partions to make sure that newer firmware fit. But before i do this, i need to know this: with stock firmware the NAS didnt play .mkv with a size about 30GB. Is this a problem with the media streaming client and is ist fixed with newer firmwares than stock firmware?

thx a lot
leadustin

Re: No firmware update possible

Postby fvdw » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:21 pm

:scratch strange that 3-0 fails, but indeed better to upgrade to the latest version. 3-0 is better then the stanrd firmware but still limited.

Included in the fvdw-sl firmare are media servers like twonky, minidlan and mediatomb (the marvell media server will be removed in version 120)
If those support 30 GB files .mkv files streaming if don't know. You need to check if those supports your format as far as i know this should be the case with twonky and mediatomb but I never tried it myself
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Philips SPD8020