PHP: enabling reflections?

PHP: enabling reflections?

Postby ACCakut » Sun Jan 08, 2012 9:51 am

Dear fvdw, dear Jocko,

first of all, thanks to you. The SPD8020 would be quite useless to me without SSH and downloads. For those I would like to try aria2c, which should be great. When executing the WebUI "TheBear" I get a fatal error because reflection is missing. As I can see in the php-info, it was disabled at compilation. To give aria2c a try, I would like to enable it, unless it should impact the performance a bit (only if used by script?).

As I found out, the only one way to do so, I to recompile PHP. Downloading source from php.net, executing config with parameters from php-info (except reflection, of course), make and make install. Because it is the easiest way, just reboot afterwards.

Is this right? Are any files overwritten, config lost? Do I have to stop PHP/Apache before compiling? I am quite a newbie to linux and am using it only on VMs and the NAS. I would say, that I have a basic knowledge about linux, but having no GUI and a system with some "specials" does not make me seeming better.

At last, a personal questions: You answer German questions in English, sometimes. Do you just understand German but feel too bad to write it? Or do you do to can be read by more people?

ACCakut
Last edited by ACCakut on Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACCakut

Re: PHP: enabling reflections?

Postby fvdw » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:19 am

Hi ACCakut, thanks for your feedback

well recompiling php is not so easy as it has some dependencies and also apache the web server needs then to be recompiled. Furthermore you must compile it for this platform (ARM processor). A executable made for a PC with intel processor won't work on the NAS. That means either cross compiling (compiling binaries on a another PC but with a toolbox to generate executables for the NAS) or compiling on the nas itself (this requires a compiler to be set up and it will be slow because of very small system memory. The first option is not simple and requires experience in doing it. Also php/apache do some test during compiling that needs to be done on the target machine. I tried it myself in the past but it was a nightmare. I finally recompiled it on the nas but as said with a lot of trouble. But it can be done.

About german, yes I can read it perfectly but writing is more difficult. Indeed we prefer to use english as then all members can read it and use the information :)
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby ACCakut » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:20 pm

Uh, I was scared that it would be like this ... So, if you said, there were some trouble, I will better never try it ;)

Is there any reason not to anable reflection in future releases? Or do you use a pre-bould release of someone else? PHP was not installed by IPKG as I have seen (it is making some troubles with dependencies).

Well, I will try aria2-CLI in the next time (alternative WebUI has problems with CURL ... I will not waste any time with this and finally have to restore the NAS :x ). At the moment I use the NAS for OTR-downloads (TV-records), where a public torrent is offered but heavily leeched firstly, so that webseed from mirrors is essential. Transmission can use torrents with build-in webseeds but can not add them afterwards.

Is there any real use of Tflux on the NAS (serious question; I do not like it)? It seems to be nice on a multi-user-system, but it is incredibly slow if only I use it. There are many options but they have no relevance to me. So the only one good thing is the wget-function with progress-bar, but I am more comfortable with SSH and wget ... & (Tflux shows some strange errors and stops downloads with no hint why it did). I looked for an very simple wget-downloader in PHP (perhaps with statusbar), but none worked.
ACCakut

Postby fvdw » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:51 pm

to enable reflection it means recompile php, also the size of php will increase and that will be another attack on the small resources of the spd8020 regarding RAM, could also be that it will need additional libraries,but I will put it it on the wish list.
PS think that the GUI version of this program is of little use as the spd8020 does not have a monitor connection. think you will need to use the command line version

tflux
was added on request of a user in the past. I never use it myself, transmission is much more convenient certainly when using remote gui of transmission (see this topic viewtopic.php?f=3&t=161)
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby ACCakut » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:51 pm

GUI? I thought of a Web-UI (as everything you use on the NAS besides SSH *) for remote controlling. So I got the problem with PHP.

Made you confused :twisted:

* transgui looks great but is no WebUI :D --> + besides RPC
ACCakut

Return to Philips SPD8020