NAS unreachable

NAS unreachable

Postby tilt_from_arch » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:28 pm

Hi guys,
I have a Philips NAS SPD8020 with original firmware, bought a lot of time ago (more than 5 years ago).

I used it for an year, then I moved to another city without the NAS.

Now I would like to use it again, but when I attach it to my network through the wired connection I cannot see it (but the LEDs work as normal).
I tried to install the NAS on windows 7 (but I'm a regular desktop linux user), but it results unreachable...

I'm a total newbie, could you please tell me how I can verify if the NAS has an IP?
Which address should I insert to see the web interface on my browser?

Thanks a lot in advance, bye!

--
Tilt
tilt_from_arch

Re: NAS unreachable

Postby fvdw » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:27 pm

you could for instance use this ip scanner

http://www.advanced-ip-scanner.com/

The nas will get an ip address from the dhcp server in your LAN (normal a router) but if you have set it to manual ip in the past then it will use the one you set at that time. On a windows pc the nas and your pc must be in same workgroup to see it.
If it is set to manual ip and it has an ip that doesn't match the net mask of the ip's in your lan then also the ip scanner will not find it.

To avoid this kind of problems that you may get when having manual set an ip I personally prefer to keep it on automatic and set in the router to reserve an ip for each mac address.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby tilt_from_arch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:00 pm

Thanks for the fast reply!

The ip-scanner you suggested me is a windows application, but to be quite honest I usually use my Linux box: could you please explain me a way to find the NAS IP on Linux?

By the way on my router the DHCP server should be on.

Thanks again,
--
Tilt
tilt_from_arch

Postby tilt_from_arch » Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:02 pm

Sorry for the bump, didn't know the action was immediate :P
This thread can be closed, as I managed to resurrect my nas by reinstalling all the hard disk.

Thanks you all for the help :)
tilt_from_arch

Return to Philips SPD8020