access to tr-downloads folder

access to tr-downloads folder

Postby marioth1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:46 pm

Hello,

yesterday I started using the Transmission Bittorrent Client. The client creates a folder /share/1000/tr-downloads as default download directory (and also tr-daemon).
This folder shows up in the web-interface under "File Shares" and also in network places on my windows machine next to /public and my other shares.

But unlike other shares I can't access it via SMB. Windows asks for credentials and neither the Transmission-Credentials nor admin-nas are accepted.

In the web-interface the share shows up as being non-public. How can I change the state to public?

best regards
marioth1

Re: access to tr-downloads folder

Postby Jocko » Fri Oct 04, 2013 5:57 pm

hi marioth,

Did you create some user accounts ?

By default the share tr-downloads is set as a private share but without any permissions for the existing user accounts.

So you must edit the settings of this share from the share menu and give the wanted permissions (readonly or full) for the selected accounts.

You can also change the status of share from the share menu and set it as a public share (but think everybody will be to do everything)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby marioth1 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Hi,

where can I edit the settings?
In File share management I only see the things you can see in the screenshot.

best regards

PS: I've found the file /rw_fs/etc/nas_conf_db.xml and changed the state to public in this file. Thats the
reason why the screenshot shows the share as public but how can I do that in the UI?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
marioth1

Postby Jocko » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Indeed you have an issue with your web interface. :scratch

First, I advice strongly not to play with the file nas_conf_db.xml but in your case what you changed can not occur this malfunction.

You can see the right layout of the share menu here : http://plugout.net/web/usr/htdocs/home.php

It seems that the js script fails to make the share links and aborts...

So some questions or asks:
-Could you post a screen capture of the user account (to see if you have the same behavior)
-What browser do you use and its version
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby marioth1 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:29 pm

hi,

that was a problem with my webbrowser, I'm using an "old" version of Opera and in IE I've forgotten to clear the cache after the upgrade
marioth1

Return to Philips SPD8020