Error with Firmwareupgrade fvdw-sl-9-0

Re: Error with Firmwareupgrade fvdw-sl-9-0

Postby jweck » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:48 pm

Thanks a lot fvdw & frank,

i had the same problem and this somewhat helped me. Your great support and excellent firmware is highly appreciated.

Best regards,
jan
jweck

Postby fvdw » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:32 am

thanks for your feedback Jan , much appreciated
strange that you had the same problem, from which version did you do the upgrade ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby dedi63 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:17 pm

I had the same problem as Frank with fvdw firmware version 5.1 release 16 oct 2009.
The solution with the image works fine. Aftwerwards I could update to new version 10.

Regards Dedi
dedi63

Postby fvdw » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 pm

thks for your feedback dedi63.

glad to hear that the solution with the image worked for you as well. i still wonder what happened that made the normal firmware upgrade not work.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby MrChaos » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:14 pm

Same problem here, trying to upgrade from version 4.2 to the new version 10. Version 9 won't work for me as well... Working on this I remember upgrading to that version 4.2 coming from the original firmware was a pain in the ass as well, but I can't remember exactly what I did to make it work over two years ago! Anyway, also this time, I'm sure it's all worth it in the end! ;-)

I've checked my partition sizes and both sda1 and sda2 are 32 cylinders in size. The system currently appears to be booting from sda1.

Can I just follow the previous instructions, but instead of write the disk image to sda1, write it to sda2 and make that the active one? There's no data on SDA2 I have to keep? Just checking, I don't want to destroy my precious NAS! :-)
MrChaos

Postby fvdw » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:47 pm

MrChaos wrote:Same problem here, trying to upgrade from version 4.2 to the new version 10. Version 9 won't work for me as well... Working on this I remember upgrading to that version 4.2 coming from the original firmware was a pain in the ass as well, but I can't remember exactly what I did to make it work over two years ago! Anyway, also this time, I'm sure it's all worth it in the end! ;-)

I've checked my partition sizes and both sda1 and sda2 are 32 cylinders in size. The system currently appears to be booting from sda1.

Can I just follow the previous instructions, but instead of write the disk image to sda1, write it to sda2 and make that the active one? There's no data on SDA2 I have to keep? Just checking, I don't want to destroy my precious NAS! :-)

yes if it is now booting from sda1 you should write the new image to sda2 and make that the active one.
No there is no data on sda2 that you should keep (there is currently the previous firmware on there that you used before you installed 4.2)
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby MrChaos » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:39 pm

Just found some time to install the HD image to sda2 and make it the active one. It all worked like a charm with the instructions posted here earlier! After that the update to version 10 was a piece of cake. Can't wait to start playing with it!

Thanx fvdw! Keep up the good work!! :D
MrChaos

Postby fvdw » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:30 pm

I checked out why people can have this problem. All were with versions below fvdw-6-0 and got the error message:file uploaded. error !

I found the reason. This is because in firmware upgrade menu of versions befor 6-0 more checks were then done then in the newer versions. To pass these test in the old version the upgrade package needs another file that is no longer include since version 9-0. This because in the newer versions the not necessary checks are taken out and this extra file is no longer needed
I forgot about this change :mrgreen: , sorry for the inconvenience. I added an extra version in the download section of the spd8020 fvdw-sl-10-1 release that can be used by user that still have 5-1 or lower running to be able to upgrade in one step.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=234&p=1481#p1481
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Previous

Return to Philips SPD8020