Time stamp at FTP transfer (SPD8020, FW7.0)

Time stamp at FTP transfer (SPD8020, FW7.0)

Postby skipper » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:18 pm

Hello,
I am using the NAS for backup with FTP transfer.
For this case the FTP server must support the MFMT -Feature, so that the time stamps of the uploaded files are like the original.

So I was glad to found the FW-software (thanks to all who are working on it) and I hoped that version fw7.0 can support this feature.
But it isn't:
Befehl: FEAT
Antwort: 211-Features:
Antwort: MDTM
Antwort: UTF8
Antwort: LANG en-US*
Antwort: REST STREAM
Antwort: SIZE
Antwort: 211 End

Are there any solutions or updates planed to modify the FTP-server on the SPD8020 ?
Thank you in advance.
skipper

Re: Time stamp at FTP transfer (SPD8020, FW7.0)

Postby Jocko » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:16 pm

Hi skipper

This feature is implemented with FTP serveur of the firmware 7.0 et 8.0 :) but it 's desactivated :( .
The mod_facts module handles the MLSD and MLST commands and the MFF and MFMT commands. But some FTP Clients don't support the MLSD and MLST commands, so the module is disabled by default.

To activate this module, you can do :
-Create an additional configuration file in the folder where you want (eg: /fvdw/myaddftpsettings.conf)
-Put in this file, these command lines : (or add if you have already an additionnal file).
Code: Select all
<Global>
   <IfModule mod_facts.c>
      FactsAdvertise on
   </IfModule>
</Global>

-Display the FTP setup menu
-Input the file's path in the field "Additional Settings File" (eg: /fvdw/myaddftpsettings.conf)
-click on Accept

So you should have after login, this message :
Code: Select all
Commande :   FEAT
Réponse :   211-Features:
Réponse :    MDTM
Réponse :    MFMT
Réponse :    TVFS
Réponse :    UTF8
Réponse :    MFF modify;UNIX.group;UNIX.mode;
Réponse :    MLST modify*;perm*;size*;type*;unique*;UNIX.group*;UNIX.mode*;UNIX.owner*;
Réponse :    LANG en-US*
Réponse :    REST STREAM
Réponse :    SIZE
Réponse :   211 End

PS : FTP setup menu (firmware v7) has some bugs which are fixed in the firmware v8.0
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby skipper » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:35 pm

Hi Jocko,
thank you for your quick answer. I will test it (but the next 3 weeks I'm absent). Is the version 8.0 available ?

I am not so familiar with the path's I can use. I only see the default "public" folder, but I think this is not the root.
Can I store the file in "public/fvdw/myaddftpsettings.conf" ?

In the meantime I had another problem after updating from original firmware 1.2.9.47 to fvdw 7.0 :
- I cannot set time and date manually: Error "could not update field Date and Time: (1)"
- If I select "FTP access" for a file share: Error "FTP could not restart" (or something like this)
- I had problems to login with user "public" for FTP. (I was irritated because public is not shown in the user list)

But after some restarts it works. Than, after a while, it didn't work again.
So I decided to go back to the firmware 1.2.9.47. But FTP doesn't work anymore, I cannot login.
The share "public" is protected, the selection cannot be disabled.

Exist there a solution ? Where can I get the next version 8.0, so I will try again.

Thank you in advance (I can only answer in 3 weeks).
skipper
skipper

Postby Jocko » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi skipper,

First, make the share "fvdw" is useful because firmware uses it to update as well as the FTP setup menu. Therefore, I advise to create it.
skipper wrote:I am not so familiar with the path's I can use. I only see the default "public" folder, but I think this is not the root.
Can I store the file in "public/fvdw/myaddftpsettings.conf" ?

Yes, it isn't the root (real path is /share/1000/public). In the field "Additional Settings File", you only need to enter the apparent path of the file (FTP setup menu rebuilts the real path). So if you store the file in the share "public" or "fvdw" you must enter only: "/public/myaddftpsettings.conf" or "/fvdw/myaddftpsettings.conf"

skipper wrote:In the meantime I had another problem after updating from original firmware 1.2.9.47 to fvdw 7.0 :
- I cannot set time and date manually: Error "could not update field Date and Time: (1)"

See the topic http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=43

skipper wrote:- If I select "FTP access" for a file share: Error "FTP could not restart" (or something like this)

In the default database file, the parameters required to start the FTP server is not defined and the FTP server isn't running. FTP setup menu automatically generate the missing parameters in database.

To run FTP server (only once), you have to do :
- desactivate the server
- click on the button "Accept"
- Activate once again the server
- click on the button "Accept"

PS : this bug will fix in the next release

skipper wrote:- I had problems to login with user "public" for FTP. (I was irritated because public is not shown in the user list)

In the default database file, "public" share is an unprotected public share. So the user "public" doesn't exist. In the default NAS database, only one user "dummy" exists (pwd "dummy").
If you protect this share, the firmware creates a user "public" but you can't manage it. So in this case, "public" user doesn't appear in the user list but it exists and is the only user who can access to the public share with an FTP connection.
PS : A user can reach its Home Directory only if FTP access is activated on the share.

You should also read the help of FTP setup menu

skipper wrote:Exist there a solution ? Where can I get the next version 8.0, so I will try again.

See the topic http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20 :D

That's all
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby skipper » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:16 pm

Dear Jocko,
I have updated to fw8.0. I was a little bit confused about the handling of "myaddftpsettings.conf". (I thought it was a "patch-file" for setup.)

The good news: I have access to the FPT server (share public) with the user PUBLIC and I can store the files with FileZilla as I wanted.
Some bad news: I cannot set the NAS into power off with the Botton on the front. The box restarts every time.
And I don't understand the user concept (until now): I see the user gast with access to the share public, but I cannot login.
The user dummy you have told me is unkown.

The FTP help is detailed, but confuses me. So I need some more time for experiments with users and other shares. ;)

Thank's a lot.
skipper

Return to Philips SPD8020