Can I contribute to this project?

Can I contribute to this project?

Postby mpparsley123 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:17 am

Is there a github repository where I can contribute to this project?

When enabling login by ssh, we should indicate that a reboot is required or you'll get
! "Permission denied (publickey)."

I'm not the first to run into this issue, see: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2675&p=24949&hilit=Permission+denied+publickey+.#p24949
mpparsley123
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Can I contribute to this project?

Postby Jocko » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:04 pm

mpparsley123 wrote:Is there a github repository where I can contribute to this project?
No there is no github repository
mpparsley123 wrote:When enabling login by ssh, we should indicate that a reboot is required or you'll get
I do not understand well on what context you get this error.
If you get it after editing setting of ssh server it is a bug as the fw reboot the ssh server with new settings. So no need to rebbot the nas :scratch
or do you get it when you use an sftp access throw proftpd server ? which is also restarted after editing its conf
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby mpparsley123 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:22 pm

Jocko wrote:
mpparsley123 wrote:I do not understand well on what context you get this error.

After adding a public key in the UI I get a message "saved" then a message "key added" - there's no reboot in progress here.
Then I try to login with ssh and then I get this message "Permission denied (publickey)".
I have to reboot manually (in the UI) and then I can login with the ssh user that I added the key for.
mpparsley123
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:12 pm

I just checked the ssh server behaviour and all seems right

What I tested
- first case:
a/ from the ssh server setup menu I changed the login mode: 'SSH Access by pwd' => 'SSH Access with rsa key' and I clicked on the button 'Accept'
Please to note it is at this time the ssh server is restarted and there is no reboot progress; it is done immediately
Then some additional fields are displayed to import user public keys. So I pasted and loaded a public key (click on the button 'add this public key') and the new one is listed on the table of the public key menu
b/ try to connect by using this key
Then without any reboot I was connected and no warning except for validating the public key of the nas (so event on the user side)

As on this nas I already imported some keys, I made another case where no public key was imported (removed the oldest key)
So on this 2d case, I followed the same sequence and I can login with the imported key without rebooting the nas
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby mpparsley123 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Indeed. I repeated all steps and I no longer get the message Permission denied (publickey).

Not sure what went wrong the first time.

You may close this issue.
mpparsley123
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Development