Torrent client with SOCKS5 support ?

Torrent client with SOCKS5 support ?

Postby lenuisible » Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:11 pm

Hi team,

first thank you for this amazing FW ! I bought 2x refurbished CloudBox 3TB a long time ago which never worked properly with the official FW, and they work perfectly for a couple of years thanks to your work !

The only thing that would make it even better for me would be a Torrent client that supports SOCKS5 proxy. A few open source clients supports, but I don't know if it would be a lot of work to integrate it to FVDW.

Qbittorrent for example seems available for a large variety of OS : https://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

Thanks for your view on this !

Best Regards,

Clement
lenuisible
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Torrent client with SOCKS5 support ?

Postby fvdw » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:51 pm

Hi I will have look but compiling Qbittorrent failed in first attemp . To compile it we wiil need qt5 libs and binaries. That package is huge, more then 3TB. I could not find a compiled version for arm5 cpu's which is used in cloudbox. So it will be neccesary to compile it, I tried it but it fails because it needs several other packages to configure it. Later this week I will make another attempt
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby lenuisible » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:33 am

fvdw wrote:Hi I will have look but compiling Qbittorrent failed in first attemp . To compile it we wiil need qt5 libs and binaries. That package is huge, more then 3TB. I could not find a compiled version for arm5 cpu's which is used in cloudbox. So it will be neccesary to compile it, I tried it but it fails because it needs several other packages to configure it. Later this week I will make another attempt

Hi FVDW, thanks for looking into it, I've search a bit on google, and I didn't find any optimistic info about running Qbittorrent or Deluge on armv5... I don't know if it's impossible or just too much work...

Anyway, thanks again for giving it a try !

Best Regards,

Clement
lenuisible
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby mislec » Tue Sep 08, 2020 6:26 am

Hi Team,

Would it be possible to make package for a torrent client with SOCKS5 support ?

The list of clients and features can be found at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compariso ... nt_clients

Kind regards.
mislec
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:29 pm

Hi

We have deepened a bit your request and examined what client may be used.

First please to note we want to use free source files and as the client is running on a nas it need to have a remote access/web-interface. So after some other criteria, there is not a lot of choice... and only Deluge seems to be ok.

But implement it will require a big job (many dependencies). So currently we put it in our todo list (we have first to complete some others works)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby mislec » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:40 am

Hi Team,

Any news regarding the torrent client ?

When could we expect that it will be available ?

Kind regards.
mislec
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Development