own cloud version

own cloud version

Postby matzi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:04 am

Hi fvdw and jocko!
I just had my first contact with owncloud on 5big2. The IOS App tells me that this version is outdated and they exect at least OC V10. Is there any update available?
matzi
matzi
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: own cloud version

Postby Jocko » Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:04 am

Hi matzi

Yes, we provide an older owncloud version. The main explanation is that later versions provide more and more functionality and the web interface is then less and less usable ... At least on the arm platform, we should not update beyond from version 8.x. On x86 platforms we will try to use more recent versions.

As we are working how the addon packages are updated by the firmware, surely we go to build an updated owncloud package but with the limit as described previously
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:54 am

Hi matzi,

I am working to a new owncloud version and it seems the latest version which may be use is 10.0. The upper versions require to install a php version 7.x and even only 7.3 with owncloud version 10.3.
As we do not plan to upgrade php which is a job from version 5.6 to version 7.3 (There are many ascending incompatibilities and then we would have to patch or upgrade all apps requiring php), we will use as latest version 10.0 on x86-32 or x86-64 platforms and may be on arm
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby matzi » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi Jocko,

OC 10.0 should be fine for the iOS App.
Could you advise me how to reset current OC's password? I forgot it while not using it. There is a "reset pawword" function n OC which I cannot use because the EMail system is not set up.
matzi
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:57 pm

According with the admin manual for administrator, you can reset the admin password by using this command:
Code: Select all
php /usr/local/owncloud/occ user:resetpassword admin
if you have renamed the admin accound, you have to replace admin by tour custom admin login
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Development