Adguard Home

Adguard Home

Postby antieco » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:51 am

Hi, will it be possible to run adguard home on fvdw?
https://adguard.com/en/adguard-home/overview.html
antieco
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Adguard Home

Postby fvdw » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:14 am

seems to be possible, it needs some extra packages, I will have a look if we can make an addon
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby antieco » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:05 pm

That would be great, many thanks.
antieco
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 am

it appears this package need node.js V10 or higher. Unfortunate that package does only support ARMV6, ARMV7 and ARMV8. Node.js dropped armv5 support from version 0.11 onwards...
Lacie kirkwood is based on ARMV5. As result compile fails of node.js and as a consequence adguardhome cannot be compiled without errors. I will look if there is a workaround but that may take some time. Furthermore I wonder what you want to do with it as on the nas you do not use a browser so why need an add blocker :scratch
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby antieco » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:57 pm

fvdw wrote:it appears this package need node.js V10 or higher. Unfortunate that package does only support ARMV6, ARMV7 and ARMV8. Node.js dropped armv5 support from version 0.11 onwards...
Lacie kirkwood is based on ARMV5. As result compile fails of node.js and as a consequence adguardhome cannot be compiled without errors. I will look if there is a workaround but that may take some time. Furthermore I wonder what you want to do with it as on the nas you do not use a browser so why need an add blocker :scratch

Well adguard home works as a dns server (or more) so basically i set my router DNS pointing to Lacie NAS , it process the request, filters it and returns to the router. It gives full adblocking capabilities to the network. Very interesting.. (similar to pi-hole)
antieco
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:23 pm

Oke thks for explaning, that makes sense
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby antieco » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:58 am

fvdw wrote:it appears this package need node.js V10 or higher. Unfortunate that package does only support ARMV6, ARMV7 and ARMV8. Node.js dropped armv5 support from version 0.11 onwards...
Hi, sorry for insisting, will it be possible to make adguard home work on lacie cloudbox? Or something like pi hole?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6003 mediante Tapatalk
antieco
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi, sorry for insisting, will it be possible to make adguard home work on lacie cloudbox? Or something like pi hole?

I am sorry not coming back to you but l did not find a solution for lack of support of arm5. So adguard is a no go
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Development