Feature request/sugestion = uPnP

Feature request/sugestion = uPnP

Postby raidsm » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:18 pm

Hi!

may I make a suggestion for a future release: a uPnP frontend for the web interface.

It's a usefull addition to a NAS! and it should already be included in the transmission client as it uses it to open ports automaticaly.

Hope it's a great idea! ;)
raidsm
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Feature request/sugestion = uPnP

Postby Jocko » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:10 am

Hi raidsm

:thumbup

You are right and we included it since last month in next version 17.0.

We included a upnp client (mini-upnpc) which allows to open or close a port on the router if you have enable upnp feature on it.
Transmission already does it by its own code and btsync/resilio should have done so but the developers did an error some where as in its log you can read
Code: Select all
[20161012 12:00:44.546] NAT-PMP: Unable to map port with NAT-PMP.

So currently, use upnpc to open automatically some ports it is required only for mldonkey (which does not make it automatically) and btsync. Some changes has been done to do it and now you will be able to see on your router web-interface something like this
upnptable.jpg

Of course you will be able to use upnpc to open other ports (eg. for your apps) but please to note often some routers allow only to open ports without privilege (upper than 1024) and you won't be able to open port like 21, 80, 443,... by this way (so need to set manually nat rules for these ports)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Re: Feature request/sugestion = uPnP

Postby raidsm » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:07 pm

WOW super!

I wonder when the V17 firmware will come out? BTW do you need beta tester? For sure I would be glad to help in some ways.... but as you know it my knowledge is quite basic...
raidsm
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Development