x86-64 beta

x86-64 beta

Postby taetae » Thu Dec 17, 2020 2:46 pm

I have equipped myself to test your system on asus at4nm10t-l is there any beta to test ??
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: x86-64 beta

Postby fvdw » Sat Dec 19, 2020 8:27 pm

I will see if we can provide a test version
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Hi taetae

can your device boot from usb ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby taetae » Mon Dec 21, 2020 1:21 pm

fvdw wrote:Hi taetae

can your device boot from usb ?

sorry for the delay but the work holds me back, however it is usb bootable
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:28 pm

oke lets do a test, you will need a a usb stick, be aware all data on that usb stick will be erased.

Attached a program called Rufus version 3.9.1624. This program we will use to write an iso file to the usb stick and make it bootable.
The rufus program can be started by unpacking the archive and clicking on the exe file.

First put the usb stick in an usb port of your pc.
Start rufus
Select your usb stick in case you have more then one usb disk attached, otherwise the usb stick should already be selected automatic by rufus.
In the boot selection it will mention disk or ISO-image (select) ,
Press the select button and select the iso file we are going to write to the usb stick (fvdw-sl-i686-check-16apr20.iso)
Leave everything else default (no changes)

click start,

a window pops up download required regarding grub 2.02 versus 2.04 , select "no" (do not download)

a window pops up with message ISOhybrid detected
choose write in dd-image-modus

warning window pops up about that all data on usb will be erased (in case usb is not empty)
choose ok

windows pops up more then 1 partition on disk (in case multiple partitions are present and that they will be lost included data inside)
choose ok

Now partitions will be removed and image is written to disk

ready, remove usb stick and close rufus

Put the usb stick in a usb port of your nas en boot the nas. The nas must be connected to your LAN.
If everything goes well the nas will boot a minimal linux system with a webserver.
You can use the fvdw-sl assistant to find the ip of the nas an connect to webinterface

In your web browser window a text like this should be visible in case boot was successful
$matches[2]

Post the hardware ID it shows we will need later to activate the beta firmware.

Pressing the "terminate" button in your web browser will shutdown your nas and you can remove the usb stick.

I know you have a 64 bits nas but the i686 kernel will also run on a 64 bits cpu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby taetae » Thu Dec 24, 2020 5:28 pm

ok done, I wish you a happy Christmas !!!

https://ibb.co/z631cWK
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:05 pm

merrry christmas taetae

ok thank you :thumbup , it means our beta version can run and boot on your x86 nas

I will prepare a beta trial for you based on that info and send this to you via pm

ps How many discs are in this device ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby taetae » Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:05 am

the sata ports on the motherboard are 4 so for the moment max 4 sata hd later if possible with an expansion card I could increase them
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby taetae » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:40 pm

then I tried the installation everything ok! entered the code and dress was successful ... my motherboard has 4 sata ports of two different colors, two are seen by the bios so with the possibility of starting a system two more black which from what I understand are only data ... now the problem I am having is that if I use a hd on the black ones (besides the main one on the blue one for the system) the connected monitor system says as in the image
https://ibb.co/dc8LDXb

i have a mini pcie-express if i expand them over the sata ports does it work with the system ?? in the sense do you see them I connected them to that peripheral?
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:24 pm

The reason is that the kernel assigns sda to a different disk when you insert an extra disk in the black slots. You need to figure out which slot is getting sda assignment when having more then 1 disk and then putting system disk in that slot. You could try to put the system disk in different slots. A good start could be using the first black one.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Next

Return to X86 platform