x86-64 beta

Re: x86-64 beta

Postby taetae » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:48 pm

I will try to understand what the sda position is to see if the system starts and not from that error ... I will do it these days for family problems and I will update you as soon as possible.
Thanks as always
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby taetae » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:09 am

good morning I was able to find the sda port which is now on an external card .... so I can start everything but having only 2 hd I can't carry out the tests I wanted on all the doors I have to buy others and try as soon as I have the economic possibility ....
a small problem and I ask you the question ... I connected 2 hd but I have a third hypothetical sdb to format what can it be?

https://ibb.co/gjtckNN
taetae
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:01 am

.. I connected 2 hd but I have a third hypothetical sdb to format what can it be?

:scratch not sure what you mean, so you have only 2 hard disks installed but you see three in the webinterface, correct?

Connect with putty to ssh server and give command

Code: Select all
fdisk -l
and post output
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Draftmancorp » Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:52 am

fvdw wrote:oke lets do a test, you will need a a usb stick, be aware all data on that usb stick will be erased.

Attached a program called Rufus version 3.9.1624. This program we will use to write an iso file to the usb stick and make it bootable.
The rufus program can be started by unpacking the archive and clicking on the exe file.

First put the usb stick in an usb port of your pc.
Start rufus
Select your usb stick in case you have more then one usb disk attached, otherwise the usb stick should already be selected automatic by rufus.
In the boot selection it will mention disk or ISO-image (select) ,
Press the select button and select the iso file we are going to write to the usb stick (fvdw-sl-i686-check-16apr20.iso)
Leave everything else default (no changes)

click start,

a window pops up download required regarding grub 2.02 versus 2.04 , select "no" (do not download)

a window pops up with message ISOhybrid detected
choose write in dd-image-modus

warning window pops up about that all data on usb will be erased (in case usb is not empty)
choose ok

windows pops up more then 1 partition on disk (in case multiple partitions are present and that they will be lost included data inside)
choose ok

Now partitions will be removed and image is written to disk

ready, remove usb stick and close rufus

Put the usb stick in a usb port of your nas en boot the nas. The nas must be connected to your LAN.
If everything goes well the nas will boot a minimal linux system with a webserver.
You can use the fvdw-sl assistant to find the ip of the nas an connect to webinterface

In your web browser window a text like this should be visible in case boot was successful
$matches[2]

Post the hardware ID it shows we will need later to activate the beta firmware.

Pressing the "terminate" button in your web browser will shutdown your nas and you can remove the usb stick.

I know you have a 64 bits nas but the i686 kernel will also run on a 64 bits cpu

Where can i download the fvdw-sl-i686-check-16apr20.iso? thanks.
Draftmancorp
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:52 pm

Ok lets try if our x86 version runs on your PC
The problem with x86 systems is that there are many disk controllers and ethernet cards and not all of them are currently supported by our x86 package. Therefor this test to see if your system is supported on this moment.
Please note that when the x86 version can run on you PC and you want to install it we will ask a extra donation of at least 20 euro to obtain a hardware key and an installation file. The reason is that much time has been put in to make this package and we need to cover costs of our web site.

Below the procedure how to perform the test and attached the required files.

You will need a a usb stick, be aware all data on that usb stick will be erased.

Attached a program called Rufus version 3.9.1624. This program we will use to write an iso file to the usb stick and make it bootable.
The rufus program can be started by unpacking the archive and clicking on the exe file.

First put the usb stick in an usb port of your pc.
Start rufus
Select your usb stick in case you have more then one usb disk attached, otherwise the usb stick should already be selected automatic by rufus.
In the boot selection it will mention disk or ISO-image (select) ,
Press the select button and select the iso file we are going to write to the usb stick (fvdw-sl-i686-check-16apr20.iso)
Leave everything else default (no changes)

click start,

a window pops up download required regarding grub 2.02 versus 2.04 , select "no" (do not download)

a window pops up with message ISOhybrid detected
choose write in dd-image-modus

warning window pops up about that all data on usb will be erased (in case usb is not empty)
choose ok

windows pops up more then 1 partition on disk (in case multiple partitions are present and that they will be lost included data inside)
choose ok

Now partitions will be removed and image is written to disk

ready, remove usb stick and close rufus

Put the usb stick in a usb port of your nas en boot the nas. The nas must be connected to your LAN.
If everything goes well the nas will boot a minimal linux system with a webserver.
You can use the fvdw-sl assistant to find the ip of the nas an connect to webinterface

In your web browser window a text like this should be visible in case boot was successful
web browser 1.JPG

Post the hardware ID it shows we will need later to activate the beta firmware.

Pressing the "terminate" button in your web browser will shutdown your nas and you can remove the usb stick.

I know you have a 64 bits nas but the i686 kernel will also run on a 64 bits cpu
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Draftmancorp » Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:51 pm

Wow! Ok tomorrow morning I’ll try this and quote you to give you a feedback! Thanks!
Draftmancorp
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Draftmancorp » Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:01 am

mm... black screen after boot splash screen amd chosing USB for boot.
i'd already pleadged the Asrock FM2A78M-ITX+ so i'm trying this on a P5Q SE PLUS by Asus, with 6x sata connectors, a DualCore intel CPU and 4gb DDR2, realtek LAN module.
Draftmancorp
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:18 pm

It should run on p5q se. You must use the vga output for your screen if possible. Do you see that pc is trying to read from usb during boot? (sometimes there is a led on usb stick) I am not sure if the realtek ethernet card is supported.vDo you know which chip is used on the realtek board

What do normally run on this pc , windows 10?
If so you could install oracle virtual machine to test compatibility. The iso file could be loaded using virtual machine
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Previous

Return to X86 platform