LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

Re: LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

Postby fvdw » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:52 pm

funny , I can not reproduce this behavior. How does the name in the fvdw share looks like when you open the fvdw share in explorer, does it then also show this ._ characters ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:34 pm

fvdw wrote:funny , I can not reproduce this behavior. How does the name in the fvdw share looks like when you open the fvdw share in explorer, does it then also show this ._ characters ?

Silly me!! :pound
I was selecting the file that was created while copying the file via a MACOSx LOL
I was able to install the patch...besides refreshing the cache is there something else I need to do?
azaranto

Postby Jocko » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:14 am

azaranto wrote:Silly me!! :pound
I was selecting the file that was created while copying the file via a MACOSx LOL
I already see something like this with MAC OS and zip file.

azaranto wrote:I was able to install the patch...besides refreshing the cache is there something else I need to do?
after installing the patch you need to clear the cache as it contains an updated main setup menu.

So currently, we need to fix this issue:
On the other hand the Web stays in Saving Changes states once clicking the button LED On/Off at boot and the only way to see the new LED´s status you need to refresh the page
It seems that there is no permissions issue with your folder /rw_fs/etc.

Can you try again to switch on /off the LED ? (please to repeat twice after reloading the menu if it is hanging)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:49 pm

Still the same issue. It hangs with Saving changes status but the light status changes after clicking the button.
Note that this is happening on Chrome. On Firefox, the saving changes legend goes away but the light icon does not change (You need to refresh the page to see it change)
azaranto

Postby Jocko » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:49 pm

:scratch
That means that there is somewhere a php error.

Do you have the same behaviour if you use the English language ?

To find what happens, you need to enable the debug mode:
- Load the main setup menu
- In Putty, do
Code: Select all
/etc/ nas_status.sh --start-debug

- try to switch off/on the LED (do not reload the menu)
- In Putty, do
Code: Select all
/etc/ nas_status.sh --stop-debug

Then in /var/log, you find a file 'messages'. Please to post its content
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Jocko wrote:Do you have the same behaviour if you use the English language ?

I'm using the English interface.

Jocko wrote:Then in /var/log, you find a file 'messages'. Please to post its content

Here you are!
root@LACIE:/ # cat /var/log/messages
Apr 8 12:10:52 LACIE syslog.info syslogd started: BusyBox v1.21.0
Apr 8 12:11:07 LACIE local2.notice sudo: nobody : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/htdocs/global ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/led
Apr 8 12:11:07 LACIE local2.notice sudo: nobody : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/htdocs/global ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/mkdir -p -m 777 /rw_fs/etc/ssl
Apr 8 12:11:07 LACIE local2.notice sudo: nobody : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/htdocs/global ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/etc/leds_switch off
Apr 8 12:11:07 LACIE local2.notice sudo: nobody : TTY=unknown ; PWD=/usr/htdocs/global ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/led
Apr 8 12:11:20 LACIE syslog.info syslogd exiting
azaranto

Postby Jocko » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Hi azaranto,

Thank for this last post.
Now I understand what happens and I think that you have the same behaviour with this main setup menu when you change some other options.

I made an error when I built the package to update your version 16.0 : I reused a file from the next version 16.1 but I did not note that one change is not supported by version 16.0!

So attached a patch to fix it (use the upload patch menu with the usual way).

Now the firmware should work nice for each feature except for the power switch. Fvdw will try to fix it with the next kernel version.

For me the development step is ended but if you note some other issues, of course report them here !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:25 pm

Jocko wrote:Hi azaranto,

Thank for this last post.
Now I understand what happens and I think that you have the same behaviour with this main setup menu when you change some other options.

I made an error when I built the package to update your version 16.0 : I reused a file from the next version 16.1 but I did not note that one change is not supported by version 16.0!

So attached a patch to fix it (use the upload patch menu with the usual way).

Now the firmware should work nice for each feature except for the power switch. Fvdw will try to fix it with the next kernel version.

For me the development step is ended but if you note some other issues, of course report them here !

Jocko you Rock!! :rock
Now it´s working like a charm!!
Thank you so much for your help and support. I will continue testing and will report any other issues.
Probably I will be messing around with the PLEX plugin
Kind Regards,

Alex
azaranto

Postby azaranto » Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 am

I´ve been testing the Firmware for a while and everything seems to be working just fine!
I think you can move this Firmware to Production. Don´t you agree?
azaranto

Postby azaranto » Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 am

I´ve been testing the Firmware for a while and everything seems to be working just fine!
I think you can move this Firmware to Production. Don´t you agree?
azaranto

PreviousNext

Return to Lacie D2 network vs2