LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

LACIE D2 Network

Postby azaranto » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Jocko wrote:You do not have to do something else: d2nw2 is fully supported since version 16.0 :thumbup

Thank you! :rock :rock
azaranto

Re: LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

Postby nimrud » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:33 am

Jocko wrote:You do not have to do something else: d2nw2 is fully supported since version 16.0 :thumbup

Hi, I rescue from the trash can a d2 network v2. I've found your amazing project and yesterday night I failed on installing it to the NAS.
I downloaded the "fvdw-sl-console 6-0 + 17-0 firmware" package, started the console and on the procedure, I loaded the UIMAGE-XXXXX-KIRKWOOD-standalone kernel (as far as I'm aware...), the kernel loads to memory and then the window disapears and the telnet fails to connect. I checked the troubleshooting guide for this, switched from my laptop for a networked device, tried another kernel just in case...but I got nothing. (Is there any 'command' I could try on the uboot console to debug my issue?)

I swiched the HDD before starting the process, the front LED is blue when I turn on the NAS, starts bkinking and in 12-14 seconds it turns blinking red, even when it loads the standalone kernel...

I will try to flash the 16.0 and manually upgrade to 17.0 if I have no success on this automatic procedure, but I want to know if anyone knows a better way to do this...

Thanks in advance!
nimrud

Re: LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

Postby fvdw » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 am

nimrud wrote:

Hi, I rescue from the trash can a d2 network v2. I've found your amazing project and yesterday night I failed on installing it to the NAS.
I downloaded the "fvdw-sl-console 6-0 + 17-0 firmware" package, started the console and on the procedure, I loaded the UIMAGE-XXXXX-KIRKWOOD-standalone kernel (as far as I'm aware...), the kernel loads to memory and then the window disapears and the telnet fails to connect. I checked the troubleshooting guide for this, switched from my laptop for a networked device, tried another kernel just in case...but I got nothing. (Is there any 'command' I could try on the uboot console to debug my issue?)

I swiched the HDD before starting the process, the front LED is blue when I turn on the NAS, starts bkinking and in 12-14 seconds it turns blinking red, even when it loads the standalone kernel...

I will try to flash the 16.0 and manually upgrade to 17.0 if I have no success on this automatic procedure, but I want to know if anyone knows a better way to do this...

Thanks in advance!

It appeared that this is a D2 network 1 (orion, see new forum D2 network vs1)
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Previous

Return to Lacie D2 network vs2