LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

Re: LACIE D2 Network 2 Project

Postby azaranto » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:39 am

Jocko wrote:Post the output cat /etc/platform.

root@LACIE:/ # cat /etc/platform
nwsp2

Jocko wrote:try to standby and reboot the nas by using the web-interface.

Reboot = Now it reboots the NAS
StandBy = Seems to power down the NAS and after pressing the led button it starts again.
NAS StandBy WOL = Restarts the NAS when it gets WOL request and hangs.
Jocko wrote:What is the behaviour when you use the power button?

It does an ungraceful shutdown. It shows a different behavior while using the poweroff command.
It seems that we are getting there!
azaranto

Postby azaranto » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:15 pm

Is there anything else I need to do?
azaranto

Postby fvdw » Sat Mar 28, 2015 5:11 pm

no for the moment not, just test the firmware and report any problem

I suggest that you only use the the power switch after you have shut down your D2 via de web interface
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:01 pm

fvdw wrote:no for the moment not, just test the firmware and report any problem

I suggest that you only use the the power switch after you have shut down your D2 via de web interface

Besides the fact the Power Switch at the back is not working, everything seems to be fine.
I've tried to use the Spanish Interface but I found that is not translated 100%. If you can give me some directions I can try to do it myself.
Also tried to browse to MesPHP but I'm getting "The requested URL was not found on this server." error every time. Is there something I need to install?
Thank you again!

You :rock
azaranto

Postby Jocko » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:14 pm

Hi aranzato,

We go to try to upgrade to version 16.0.

azaranto wrote:I've tried to use the Spanish Interface
As there is a bug on the Spanish dictionary with version 15.3 and 16.0, you MUST SELECT before the default language "English".

To install version 16.0, you need first to install firmware image 15-3. Use the package for platform nwsp2 (as the firmware detects your platform like a nwsp2)

Then after rebooting, repeat the sequence to get a fake nwsp2 platform but this attached tar file
fvdwsl15-3-fakenwsp2-31mar15.tar
:save the tar file in the share 'fvdw'
In putty, do this command
Code: Select all
tar -xzf /share/1000/fvdw/fvdwsl15-3-fakenwsp2-31mar15.tar -C /
Reboot again your nas and check if the platform is still nwsp2
cat /etc/platform
Clear the browser cache (close all browser windows) or if you use Chrome clean it manually via the chrome interface.
Now you can install the firmware image v16.0. Still use the package for platform nwsp2

Reboot the nas again and clear also the browser cache
install this patch with the upload patch menu
fvdw-sl-16.0-d2nw2-16.0-31mar15.zip
: Copy it in the share fvdw and select it in the upload menu (control code is unzip)

Reboot the nas (you should not need to clear the cache if you used only the upload patch menu)
Check if the platform code is now d2nw2 :-D

Note: after installing the patch, you can use again the Spanish dictionary.
azaranto wrote:If you can give me some directions I can try to do it myself.
To update the dictionary is now easy with version 16.0. see the topic viewtopic.php?f=16&t=858#p16103.

Note2: with this patch there is no change about the switch power.

But can you test from the main setup menu, if the led switch on/off command work
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:55 pm

Dear Jocko,
Everything was fine until I installed Firmware 16.0 since I lost the access to all my shares (including FVDW)!! :sob
So I managed to copy the patch file you gave via an USB Stick but when trying to install it via the patch menu I'm getting an error saying "Blank value in highlighted field is illegal" (Control Code is highlighted).
Should I install it via Putty by using the code below?

tar -xzf /share/1000/fvdw/patch.tar -C /

I know that my files are still there since I can see them all via Putty.
Please help!! :hail
Thank you in advance!

Alex
azaranto

Postby azaranto » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:12 pm

azaranto wrote:Dear Jocko,
Everything was fine until I installed Firmware 16.0 since I lost the access to all my shares (including FVDW)!! :sob
So I managed to copy the patch file you gave via an USB Stick but when trying to install it via the patch menu I'm getting an error saying "Blank value in highlighted field is illegal" (Control Code is highlighted).
Should I install it via Putty by using the code below?

I know that my files are still there since I can see them all via Putty.
Please help!! :hail
Thank you in advance!

Alex

Also tried to copy the zip file and using the patch menu by entering the unzip command in control code but I'm getting the error "Current System Status: Error: zip file inconsistent with your NAS"
azaranto

Postby Jocko » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:28 pm

Please to wait before performing something else.

I go to post some additional commands.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:38 pm

azaranto wrote:Everything was fine until I installed Firmware 16.0 since I lost the access to all my shares (including FVDW)!!
I understand what happened! After installing version 15.3 and 16.0, the update disk database script has erased your shares settings from the nas database as the platform was unknown after rebooting.

So from the firmware interface creates again the share fvdw (and also these others), to restore the nas database (you won't overwrite your data)

Also tried to copy the zip file and using the patch menu by entering the unzip command in control code but I'm getting the error "Current System Status: Error: zip file inconsistent with your NAS"
Indeed you can not install the patch as it is an unknown platform.

Install the file
fvdw-sl-16-0-fakenwsp2-31mar15.tar
, put it in the share fvdw and do
tar -xzf /share/1000/fvdw/fvdw-sl-16-0-fakenwsp2-31mar15.tar -C /

Reboot the nas and check the platform code
cat /etc/platform

You should still have the share fvdw if the platform code is nwsp2.

Now put the file fvdw-sl-16.0-d2nw2-16.0-31mar15.zip in the restored share fvdw (do not unzip it) and go to upload patch menu.

Select this last zip file in the first field ; enter unzip in the 2d field (control code) and submitting.

if it is ok, reboot the nas and check if you get as platform code d2nw2 in /etc/platform and you still have your shares.

azaranto wrote:Should I install it via Putty by using the code below?

Code:

Not at all!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby azaranto » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:47 pm

Jocko wrote:
azaranto wrote:Everything was fine until I installed Firmware 16.0 since I lost the access to all my shares (including FVDW)!!
I understand what happened! After installing version 15.3 and 16.0, the update disk database script has erased your shares settings from the nas database as the platform was unknown after rebooting.

So from the firmware interface creates again the share fvdw (and also these others), to restore the nas database (you won't overwrite your data)

Indeed you can not install the patch as it is an unknown platform.

Install the file
fvdw-sl-16-0-fakenwsp2-31mar15.tar
, put it in the share fvdw and do
tar -xzf /share/1000/fvdw/fvdw-sl-16-0-fakenwsp2-31mar15.tar -C /

Reboot the nas and check the platform code
cat /etc/platform

You should still have the share fvdw if the platform code is nwsp2.

Now put the file fvdw-sl-16.0-d2nw2-16.0-31mar15.zip in the restored share fvdw (do not unzip it) and go to upload patch menu.

Select this last zip file in the first field ; enter unzip in the 2d field (control code) and submitting.

if it is ok, reboot the nas and check if you get as platform code d2nw2 in /etc/platform and you still have your shares.

azaranto wrote:Should I install it via Putty by using the code below?

Code:

Not at all!

Sorry for misreading the instructions!!! I forgot to put the package for platform nwsp2. After I put it back I was able to install the patch with no hustle! My bad!!! :pound
Now I'm getting the correct device :woohoo

root@LACIE:/ # cat /etc/platform
d2nw2

About the shares, it seems my computer went mad since I was able to access the shares from my WDtv. So I restarted it and I can access them now.

Regarding the led switch on/off command it does nothing so I think it´s not working.

Sorry for the hustle and thank you again for your help and support!
azaranto

PreviousNext

Return to Lacie D2 network vs2