D2 Network fail attempt to download kernel from plugout

D2 Network fail attempt to download kernel from plugout

Postby glauciok » Thu Jun 29, 2023 8:59 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to update from fvdw-sl 18.1 to 18.2 but no luck at all, I'm stuck in same step. Getting "Can not retrieve kernel image for d2nw1 after 3 attempts Error 401" always.

Is there a d2 network kernel working for this version? I can't even find the 18.2 package to try a manual upload.

Another thing, when I try to enable Samba 4.10 I'm getting error in addon download (no permission) but I've done 2 donations yesterday. Until now, no luck.

Thanks in advance!
glauciok
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: D2 Network fail attempt to download kernel from plugout

Postby glauciok » Thu Jun 29, 2023 9:19 pm

Nevermind about addons, now I can download. But I'm getting Fail: install command failed (500). Is it due to firmware version?
glauciok
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:21 am

Hi

I assume you got this error code when you tried to install samba 4.
This code means extract command returned an error when it tried to install the new files. Maybe the downloaded package was corrupted.

So I suggest you to restart the nas, check your Internet connection and make a new attempt.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Fri Jun 30, 2023 10:37 am

Hi,
glauciok wrote:I'm trying to update from fvdw-sl 18.1 to 18.2 but no luck at all, I'm stuck in same step. Getting "Can not retrieve kernel image for d2nw1 after 3 attempts Error 401" always.
So it was an issue on our server side. You should be able to upgrade now your nas.

Note: samba 4 should be able to be installed on a fw version 18.1. So the issues are unrelated.

Note: after upgrading to 18.2, you have to patch the firmware before installing samba 4 (https://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3532)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby glauciok » Fri Jun 30, 2023 2:01 pm

Jocko wrote:Hi,
So it was an issue on our server side. You should be able to upgrade now your nas.
Note: samba 4 should be able to be installed on a fw version 18.1. So the issues are unrelated.

Thanks Jocko, so it was a double issue on the two sides lol. Turns out that our D2 Network had a board componente issue and a fresh install after solving the hardware problem did the addons install trick. The update went smoothly.

Thanks for your effort on fvdw and correcting this issue. :rock
glauciok
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie D2 network vs1