LaCie 5Big rapid flashing red

LaCie 5Big rapid flashing red

Postby Macproo » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:50 pm

Hi there

I have a Lacie 5Big V1 that I took out of storage today and whenever i boot it up i get a rapidly flashing red light along with 5 red lights at the back. I’ve attempted to factory reset the machine (following Lacie guide) however it continues to flash rapidly (0.3s). Same thing happens when i remove all drives and attempt to boot or reset.
I am unable to connect to the NAS via the network using the LaCie Network Assistant

if was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this ? Do you think fvdw-sl could fix the issues I’ve been experiencing ?

Thank you :)
Macproo

Re: LaCie 5Big rapid flashing red

Postby simong » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:24 pm

https://www.lacie.com/files/lacie-conte ... e=5BIGNET1

you might want to check the Lacie webpage for the user manual. but I do encourage you to use Plugout. Lacie big5 ver1 firmware stopped at 2.2.8.

It is not the best experience I had with their firmware. Plugout has really given this old Lacie big5 ver1 a new lease of life!
simong

Postby fvdw » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:05 pm

The red flashing and red lights means the device is not recognizing the disks. This can be because they have wrong software, corrupted software or are damaged. I advise to use the fvdw-sl standalone kernel (see fvdw-sl console) to investigate what is the reason. This kernel runs from ram.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Macproo » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:56 pm

awesome! thank you for your reply. I will take look at pullout a bit more in depth. unfortunately i am using OSX and i believe i need to use Windows to execute it.
Macproo

Return to Lacie 5Big Network vs1