Re: Time out with telnet ? any help

Postby Cricrou59 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:34 pm

any help today ?
Cricrou59
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:31 pm

I think you should try to use another power supply.
If the the disk don't spin up it most of the time means that your power supply is not strong enough or has a problem. To spin up a nas with 5 disk the powersupply should have at least capacity of 100 Watt
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Cricrou59 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:49 pm

Hi Fvdw and thanks for your answer, my power supply has a capacity of 80 Watts and it was working with 5 disks of 1.5to before I update them with disks of 2to. A few days ago I have managed to install the firmware on one disk and I think the problem is other that the power supply.

I've tried to send the command Ide reset with only one disk in the NAS and the problem is the same, I don't manage to initialize disk. The disk seems to spin up because I'm hearing something.
Cricrou59
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:43 pm

HI

Anyhow you should have a power issue so either is the power supply or inside the nas box as some times the disks are detected or not when you start the NAS or later if you wait.

It is not a software issue
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:32 am

Cricrou59 wrote:Hi Fvdw and thanks for your answer, my power supply has a capacity of 80 Watts and it was working with 5 disks of 1.5to before I update them with disks of 2to. A few days ago I have managed to install the firmware on one disk and I think the problem is other that the power supply.

I've tried to send the command Ide reset with only one disk in the NAS and the problem is the same, I don't manage to initialize disk. The disk seems to spin up because I'm hearing something.

I agree with Jocko. It must be a hardware issue. This because if your able to initialize the disks once it can not be a software issue otherwise you would never be able to initialize the disks.
Agreed that your power supply should be strong enough to start a nas with only one disk. 80 watts is sufficient for 1 disk. If all 5 disks start simulanuously its another story, certainly if the new disks draw more current then the old ones and are exceeding the capacity of the power supply. This could be a reason why you have this problem when all 5 disk are installed. But you also have it with only one disk installed, that makes the proper function of your power supply a suspect, or what Jocko said, a problem on the main board of the nas. There are two ways to find out if the power supply has a problem, replace it by another one or measure voltage under load. Be aware that measuring voltage without load is not a good way as the unit may fail only when it has to supply current.

Ps1 If you use the old 1.5 TB disk do you have the same problem ?

Ps2. That you can install our firmware only on most lefthand side disk is normal, its how we designed our firmware for multi disks nas
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Cricrou59 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:15 pm

Hi all, I suspect the mother board and I would like to flash it with Uboot, can you tell me what image I should use in that case ?
Thanks

PS just because before all this steps when I had the NAS the first time I did not manage to update the firmware Lacie
Cricrou59
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:15 pm

We have no uboot image for 5big1 that you could use to write to flash. Furthermore it is completely useless in this case. It will not solve your problem.

Try another power supply thats your best chance.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby Cricrou59 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 11:23 pm

Hi,

I have ordered a power supply with a capacity of 120W, I will try when I got it and I will report here the next week,
Bye
Cricrou59
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Previous

Return to Lacie 5Big Network vs1