what ports to scan for installation?

what ports to scan for installation?

Postby greypey » Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:15 pm

hi everyone, i'm trying to install fvdw on my cloudbox and the installation tool cannot connect to it.
my net is all under 192.168.3.xxx so i tried scanning the whole range with the default port set but no luck.
what ports should i try since scanning the whole ip range on all the ports is going to take forever?

i wanna also use the occasion to thank everyone that worked on this project and made it available to everyone.
greypey
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: what ports to scan for installation?

Postby greypey » Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:40 am

ok i dont even know if i'm supposed to use the console or the assistant for the first installation at this point.
i cant start the console as i dont know the password and the one in the key.txt file doesnt work.
i might need a foolproof guide on how to do this, which apparently there isnt.
anyone feels like helping me make use of a good nas with a blown drive instead of buying a new one?
greypey
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:17 am

In the help text and description text where you downloaded the console you can find the password, it is 33305.
Every action of the console has a help text, just read it ;) if you perform an action in the console.

For telnet connection problems of the console see here.https://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2645
And better to use 192.168.1.xxx or 192.168.0.xxx as ip pool to avoid connection problems although 192.168.3.xxx should also work.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby greypey » Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:55 pm

thanks for the reply, the thing is up and running, and it runs quite a bit faster i might add.
now i'm trying to figure out why my tv with kodi cant access it, i tried nfs, smb, ftp...
i feel like i'm thinkering with 90s technology, smart tv not so smart... :dontknow
thanks
greypey
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby greypey » Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:28 am

just for future reference,
if one has a 192.168.3.x net the console seems to find the nas with a new hd no problem.
if kodi cannot connect to a samba share just check on addons under expert seetings that the minimum protocol for smb share is set to 1 and not to none.

now another question:
i'm trying to delete a file from trdownloads folder but i'm asker for unix user\rd permissions, the user i'm using has full access on the folder, what am i doing wrong?
cheers
greypey
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie cloudbox (white casing)