Unable to log in via MacOS Finder

Unable to log in via MacOS Finder

Postby jbbusteddrive » Wed Aug 26, 2020 6:02 pm

Hi! I used to be able to open up 'Network' in finder, see my cloud box, and then log into it using my fvdw username and password.

After a recent update (not sure if it was a macOS update or fvdw), I'm unable to log in. The user/password form comes up, I enter the correct credentials, but when I click 'Connect' the form just wiggles as if I entered the wrong user/pass. I know I'm entering the correct credentials because I can use the same ones to log in via the web interface.

I tried enabling AFP on the share I'm trying to access, but that didn't seem to change anything.

FYI I'm on fvdw 18-2 and macOS 10.15.6

What am I doing wrong?!
jbbusteddrive
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Unable to log in via MacOS Finder

Postby jbbusteddrive » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:59 pm

I found out a solution:
System Management > Setup > AFP/Samba Server
1. Enable AFP server
2. Switch samba from 'native' to newest version.

The NAS rebooted and now I'm able to access the drive like just before!
jbbusteddrive
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Unable to log in via MacOS Finder

Postby Jocko » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:20 pm

Hi
jbbusteddrive wrote:fter a recent update (not sure if it was a macOS update or fvdw), I'm unable to log in.
Yes it is no obvious.
You need some more information:
jbbusteddrive wrote:I tried enabling AFP on the share I'm trying to access, but that didn't seem to change anything.
This checkbox has no effect if afp server is not running (or you do use samba 4). So if afp server was not running (and it seems it was the case according with your last post).

Now apple removed support on macOS with afp protocol (see: https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/285417/is-afp-slated-to-be-removed-from-future-versions-of-macos) So with version 10.15 I think you can reach your afp shares from the nas.

jbbusteddrive wrote:I found out a solution:
System Management > Setup > AFP/Samba Server
1. Enable AFP server
2. Switch samba from 'native' to newest version.
So enable AFP server is useless, you only have to use samba4 to restore the access
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie cloudbox (white casing)