I've lost all my files .

Re: I've lost all my files .

Postby fvdw » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:33 pm

You must have seriously messed up your file system on sda1 by installing some external software. Furthermore the missing superblock on sda8 is bad sign (damaged file system) and without it you can not mount the file system. Fortunate there are backup superblocks so possibly file system can be repaired and superblock restored however the disk could also have bad blocks and close to end of life.
I suggest you use fvdw-sl console and load the kirkwood standalone kernel. I assume you are familiar with the use of the fvdw-sl console.

The approach will be step 1 try to repair file system on sda7 and sda8 and step 2 install a new firmware version on sda1

Step 1 try to repair file system on sda8 and sda7.
Using fvdw-sl console load and start standalone kernel.
After having connected with the telnet client run the command
Code: Select all
fvdw-sl-programs

From the menu that appears choose option to upload glibc and tools. This will enable you to run e2fsck.
This should be done for sda7 and sda8.
I would advise to do it first for sda7 using command as given by Jocko and report output here before proceeding further

There is a second option you could try that doesn't reauire using the fvdw-sl console. This is forcing the cloudbox to boot from sda2. That also should contain an (older) version of fvdw-sl. If that is undamaged you could try to use it to repair sda8.
To boot from sda2 boot your nas as usual on the command line give these commands
Code: Select all
cd /lacie-boot
mv sda1boot sda2boot
cd /

Reboot the nas and try the e2fsck command for sda8 as jocko posted earlier.

If this doesn't work the only alternative left is using fvdw-sl console
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Re: I've lost all my files .

Postby antieco » Mon May 04, 2020 8:42 pm

Hi, sorry for my lack of reply!
I just been able to "solve" it.. somehow mi sda8 went unmounted and transmission downloaded a torrent on root that's why i got sda7 full. So i deleted the torrent file, and been able to mount sda8 after some fsck fixing blocks.. :dontknow
Now it works!, i want to thank you again !
antieco
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Previous

Return to Lacie cloudbox (white casing)