LACIE isn´t in my lan

LACIE isn´t in my lan

Postby edupc » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:55 pm

Hello,

I Installed de firmware and updated it to version 18. During few days the Lacie worked fine and I was setting up twonky and MiniDLNA, and using it as storage to my torrent downloads.

Suddenly, the LACIE starts up, but it isn´t into my lan and I have no way to log in.

Could you help me?.

Thanks,

Regards
edupc
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: LACIE isn´t in my lan

Postby edupc » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:33 pm

Well,

As nobody answer, I supose my Lacie is definitly broken. I´ve tried to find it in my LAN trough an IPScanner and changing the IP Adress, but It doesn´t appear into my LAN and I can´t log into.

Any idea or should I trough my lacie away?.

Thanks
edupc
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:02 pm

Did you try to connect to your cloudbox using fvdw-sl console and using the kirkwood standalone kernel ?

If that works your cloudbox is working and probably you need to re-install the firmware
if that doesn't work, then the cloudbox may have a hardware issue
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby edupc » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:13 am

Thank you for your answer.

I´m a beginner and I would be glad If you could explain the way to connect that you are saying.

I installed the fvdw-sl firmware into my Lacie. First I installed version 16, and after I updated to version 18.1 or 18.2, I don´t remember at all, then I made a donate, and Installed twonky and MiliLanmedia server addons. After that I was working fine during a few days, and then, suddenly, one day I couldn´t have acces to my media files into Lacie, neither I couldn´t log into fvdw-sl console management. My Lacie wasn´t into my LAN.

I´ve tried to search it with Ipscanner software but nothing. I also tried looking for it under the IP adress 192.168.1..... and 192.168.0....., but the Lacie still missing.

Please, if you could explain with more details, I´ll try to follow your instructions.

Thanks very much.
edupc
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:20 am

Before going into detail

How did you install the firmware ?

And do you run windows on your PC?

If you run windows than read this topic http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3086
It explains how to (re)install firmware or do trouble shooting using fvdw-sl console.

Important when using the fvdw-slconsole is this topic http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2645
It gives guidelines to solve issue when telnet client started by the fvdw-sl console cannot connect

What you should do is install the fvdw-sl-console on your pc running windows, be sure to have noticed the remarks above and having setup your PC as it should to avoid not connecting problems.

Connect your cloudbox to your lan but leave it switched off, start the fvdw-sl console on your pc and choose as action "load and start standalone kernel", choose the kirkwood standalone kernel and follow further instructions, start your cloudbox after the window has appeared with message "waiting for uboot", then wait until the telnet windows pops up and connect to your cloudbox via this telnet client. (user: root, pasword: giveit2me)

When you are connected give these commands
Code: Select all
mkdir /sda7
mount /dev/sda7 /sda7

and post output of this command
cat /sda7/boot.log
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby edupc » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:24 pm

Hello fvdw,

Thanks for your answer, but should something wrong because I can´t install the firmware.

I installed the sofware, v.16, following instructions from a web, and after that I found your web, registered in as user, and upgraded the firmware to version 18 following the same instructions that you have sent me. Afther that, I became donator and installed addons, and been working with my box with no problrems.

I´m running windows 10 64bit

I´ve followed your instructions and after I connect to my box via telnet and giving the command: mount /dev/sda7 /sda7, appears this error message:

"mounting /dev/sda7 on /sda7 failed: No such device or address".

I have tested the hard disk with my pc, with windows 10, and it works fine, is detected and I can create and delete files.

I also tried to install the firmware following the instructions, but is no possible and shoes this error message:
"Fdik can´t open ´/dev/sda´s: No such device or adress
diskid=none".

Could you help me?.
edupc
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:02 pm

Hi

mmm..not so good it doesn't detect the disk.
I assume you tested your cloudbox via fvdw-sl console with the harddisk installed.
(If you did not install the disk of course it cannot find it.)

You say you tested your disk on PC and that it works fine. I assume you used a sata-usb interface.
What could you read from the disk ?

Now assuming the disk is ok there are three possibilities left.

1. Your power supply of the cloudbox may not be delivering enough power to start the disk. Does the disk start spinning when powering the cloudbox ? If not this might be the problem.
To eliminate this option try another power supp (12 V 2 A)

2. The power tranformer on the mainboard generating 5V from the 12 V power supply (needed to power up the control board of the drive) is defect. Is this case the disk will not spin up also.
There is no solution for this option and difficult to test.

3. The sata interface of the disk is defect, in this case the disk may spin up but may also fail dependent on what is damaged. Its very rare that sata interface dies.
There is no solution for this option.

To see if the mainboard detects the sata interface you could choose from the fvdw-sl console as action the "uboot- console".
No need to select a kernel. This will interupt boot as well and connect directly to the bootloader uboot.
The uboot window will mention when you can activate the uboot console
You will get a prompt like this

marvell>>

At this prompt give command
ide reset

You should do this test first with disk installed and if everything ok you should get output like this
Marvell>> ide reset
ide reset

Reset IDE:
Marvell Serial ATA Adapter
Integrated Sata device found
[0 0 0]: Enable DMA mode
  Device 0 @ 0 0:
Model: SAMSUNG HD103SI                          Firm: 1AG01118 Ser#: S1Y5JDWZ626                                             309
            Type: Hard Disk
            Supports 48-bit addressing
            Capacity: 953869.7 MB = 931.5 GB (6391452 x 0)

Note that the info about disk will be different in your case as a differentdisk is used in this example

If uboot doesn't find the disk repeat also without disk, it that case the output should be at least this
[code]Marvell>> ide reset
ide reset

Reset IDE:

But of course no disk info

PS If you have another disk you could try that as well
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby edupc » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:13 pm

Hi,

I tested the hard disk mounting it in my pc. I´ve opened the cloudbox, dismounted the hard disk and connected it trough SATA to my pc´s motherboard. Windows recognices it as a local drive, and I´ve created and deleted some files in its folder.

Efectively, the hard disk spins when I power on the cloudbox because It makes the tipical sound of a hard disk starting.

I´ve followed your instructions about "u-boot consolo", and the hard disk is detected. This is yhe message showed:

"Marvell>> ide reset
ide reset

Reset IDE:

[0 0 0]: Enable DMA mode (5)
Device 0 @ 0 0:
Model: ST2000DM001-1CH164 Firm: CC44 Ser#: Z1E35YZA
Type: Hard Disk
Supports 48-bit addressing
Capacity: 1907729.0 MB = 1863.0 GB (3907029168 x 512)
PCIe SATA:ffffffff"

After that I´ve tried to install the firmware, but I got the same error not detecting the device.

Finally I´tried with a different hard disk (THOSIBA 2.5, 500 GB), mountin it in the cloudbox, and I´ve gotten the same error message.

Thanks for your atention.
edupc
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:56 pm

This is odd, if uboot finds the hard disk then standalone kernel should find it as well
Good news is that the sata interface seems to work and your disk spins up.

To find out more info on why standalone kernel cannot find the disk do following
Load the standalone kernel again, login with telnet and give commands:
cat /proc/partitions

and
dmesg

(you can select and copy output in telnet window using the edit drop down menu)

Please post the output here of these commands so we can if we can find if the kernel sees your harddisk and/or which error message are generated
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby fvdw » Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:02 pm

ps this wonders me

I have tested the hard disk with my pc, with windows 10, and it works fine, is detected and I can create and delete files.

This a disk with ext3 and ext4 formatted partitions, normally these are not accesible in windows.
What did you do to read and write from the partitions ?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Next

Return to Lacie cloudbox (white casing)