Web Explorer Upload Files

Web Explorer Upload Files

Postby mwjk28 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:20 pm

Hi everyone, I recovered my Cloudbox with a new HDD and fsdw-sl firmware, working great now. I am trying to setup the Web Explorer and enabling file upload.
May I know how to setup the path and allowing upload to folder?

I had shared the folder (e.g. public), login Web-explorer and enabled write permission in Files Manager. Also entered /./public/ and it said "Found" already.
But when I click upload, it still saying "Unauthorized file uploads".
Thanks!
mwjk28
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Web Explorer Upload Files

Postby danidrach » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:12 pm

I have same problem in 5big2, I've enabled "Write" access from admin menĂº in wbe explorer, and for me it says "authorized upload", but It's not "Upload file" button and I can't attach anything. Is strange, since NAS users and WEB EXPLORER users are different users

EDIT: Ok...I See what's happening, the uploader is a Java applet (JUpload applet), and all browsers except Internet Explorer marked this as obselete (like all Java related applets). @fvdw @Jocko, it isn't possible to install "Ajaxplorer" ir similar in the integrated web server?
danidrach
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Web Explorer Upload Files

Postby Jocko » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 am

Hi

Yes I know that several browsers stopped support on java applets even if they use a valid certificate. Currently this should still work on FF and on IE.
Ajaxplorer is a good candidate to replace it but think you already have the same features with webdav :whistle and without frills which has an impact on performance
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie cloudbox (white casing)