How to make perm. the Friendly Name, after a cloudbox rstrt

How to make perm. the Friendly Name, after a cloudbox rstrt

Postby PCSilva » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:18 pm

Good Afternoon,

After a dead 2TB Barracuda replacement by a 2.5" 7200RPM 320GB disk, it was very easy to install fvdw with twonky 8.0.3(Latest).
Everything worked as described, and at the end of the day I could manage to install all the patches available.

The performance isn't too much different than it was before, around 20 to 30MB/s, but I don't care now about that. I'm just using it for streaming .FLAC and DSD music to my Marantz SR6009 AV Receiver, and it works fine.

Important to spread around: Twonky streams DSD formats!!!!

This is a great work. Congratulations and thank you very much.

The only little issue I can't find out how to get around is that I change the Twonky Server friendly name to "LACIE CloudBox", or %HOSTNAME%, what gets the server name, which is the same, and after every restart, it gets back to the default "TwonkyServer".

I'm only using the xx:9000 browser interface for these settings, as I don't know anything about Linux. For example, it was a "great" time to find out how to execute that command for patching the fvdw... I got there, but it wasn't easy for me.

So, do you have any clue on how to make permanent the Friendly Name, even after a cloudbox or Twonky restart?

Thank you a lot and regards.
PCSilva
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: How to make perm. the Friendly Name, after a cloudbox r

Postby Jocko » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Hi PCSilva,

Thank you for your feedbacks.

PCSilva wrote:I'm only using the xx:9000 browser interface for these settings, as I don't know anything about Linux. For example, it was a "great" time to find out how to execute that command for patching the fvdw... I got there, but it wasn't easy for me.
What do you mean by finding a linux command for patching fvdw-sl ?

As you have to use only its menu: "upload patch" and read its help filehttp://plugout.net/fvdw-sl/.help/system_uploadfile_hlp.htm. I think all required information is here and you do not need linux knowledge.

About Twonky server name, you need to use the twonky menu of fvdw-sl web-interface to set the server name: all options set on this menu overwrites the changes done with the twonky web-interface at each time you start the server!
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby PCSilva » Sat Oct 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Hi Jocko

Thank you very much for your so fast reply.

I meant this:
"No patch will be release, to fix it: copy the following command line and in a shell window run it
Code:
sed -rie 's;(.*)touch wol-enable(.*);\1touch /etc/wolenable\2;g' /etc/inc/global_defs.inc"

and I had a little trouble figuring out how to get to a shell window, but now I know how to do it.

About the Friendly Name, it's done!!! I'm sorry for taking your time but I didn't realize it was that easy!

Best Regards
PCSilva
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:51 pm

OK, l understand better your issue.

About this fix, I forgot it as it is not really a patch package
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie cloudbox (white casing)