Front Blue Led On no response from 2big Network v2

Front Blue Led On no response from 2big Network v2

Postby sbmmbs » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:16 am

I have a 2big Network v2, motherboard 2big-NAS-KW, 0901 750 Rev B.

No modifications, the firmware was initial LaCie (as I can not access it anymore I do not have more info about it, but it was updated to the latest I guess)
There are no more HDD-s in it, as first failed one of them...of course the RAID failed then too...but I did not changed it, worked with the remaining one, but after a while that failed too.

The problem is that I can't access the device anymore.

It is connected to the network, no sign of anything on the network looked on the routers log...ARP for his MAC ...nothing
(the bottom LED on its network card is steady green, the top one shows rapid blinks ). I have the USB plugged in, no sign on the machine that it is connected at all. However, the front led is blue, the two rear leds are red (there are no hard drives connected). If I plug in the HDD that failed last, it at least spins it up, and the LED on the appropriate side turns blue. But no change whatsoever.

I did a factory reset: front switch pressed and kept that way ->, rear power on ->, front LED red-blue alternating light ->, -> then turns constant red on, -> button released, -> a few blue flashes, -> then constant blue on, -> now button pressed once, -> some blue flashes, -> few seconds and then constant blue on. I guess the factory reset process and reboot done.

Btw the cooling fan is dead, so it's not plugged in at all, but it shows no sign that it matters at all (maybe because the temperature doesn't even justify a signal...). Despite being dead, I tried while plugged in too, but no change, but not even the manual mention that it would have an effect on the behavior.

Any clues?

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sbmmbs

Re: Front Blue Led On no response from 2big Network v2

Postby Jocko » Sat Nov 26, 2022 9:18 am

Hi,

few ideas...

- Previously, your NAS uses a static IP ? If yes did you change your subnet ? for example, if static Ip of your NAS is 192.168.1.100 and later you change the subnet of your LAN is 192.168.200.0/24 then the nas is no longer visible on your LAN. In this case you have to set again the previous subnet 192.168.1.0/24
- Your nas gets its IP from a DHCP on your LAN (ie from your ISP box). If you change the DHCP service settings or stop it then your NAS can no longer gets its IP and use an autoconfiguration IP address like 196.254.x.x
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby sbmmbs » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:56 am

Jocko wrote:Hi,
Thanks for Your feedback

few ideas...

- Previously, your NAS uses a static IP ? If yes did you change your subnet ? for example, if static Ip of your NAS is 192.168.1.100 and later you change the subnet of your LAN is 192.168.200.0/24 then the nas is no longer visible on your LAN. In this case you have to set again the previous subnet 192.168.1.0/24

I admit that I had this in my mind...because I can't remember exactly, but it seemed like it was reserved for this an IP in my router (even though I have DHCP on my network anyway). However, I hadn't changed anything in the NAS's subnet setup.

But I deleted the reserved IP from the router after the NAS no longer wanted to connect, but at the same time I suppose there shouldn't be any IP address related problems anymore if the factory reset was done!?

- Your nas gets its IP from a DHCP on your LAN (ie from your ISP box). If you change the DHCP service settings or stop it then your NAS can no longer gets its IP and use an autoconfiguration IP address like 196.254.x.x

similarly, a factory reset should solve the problem, right?
sbmmbs

Postby Jocko » Sat Nov 26, 2022 1:31 pm

I assume but if the issue is on your LAN, for example no DHCP service available, not because the default LAN settings with LACIE firmware is to get IP from DHCP
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs2