Blue LED Blinking and no network access to 2Big Network

Re: Blue LED Blinking and no network access to 2Big Network

Postby PaaNooS » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:38 pm

Jocko wrote:Hi

According with some google searches ("otenet email settings smtp"), you have to use the port 465 instead of 587. Credentials is your email address and your Otenet.gr password. I think you have to enable TLS ("Enforce TLS" option).

OK. 465 not working. It stucks to 'execusion command, please wait'

Jocko wrote:Note: I removed your menu capture, as everyone may get your email address)

Thank you in advance

Jocko wrote:Just to my perfect information what guidance did use. Do it directly from the firmware interface ? In this case, you had to notice the warning about all data will be lost by setting the raid

Just with my experience. I did it from NAS web interface. I didn't care about losing data because for now it's only the firmware installed

Jocko wrote:I made some tests :
- with Edge or Chrome, you get the expected behaviour (login window after reopening the browser or you made a close action from the web-interface)
- Firefox, you get the expected behaviour after closing all FF windows (browser, download window,...). You get a login window if you reopen FF. Please to note there is a small delay so that all FF threads are unloaded when you close the browser window. If you reopen FF before, no login window may be required if the related thread is not yet unloaded.

Thank you for your tests but I really don't care about this issue. In fact it's very convenient for my to direct login to NAS
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:14 pm

PaaNooS wrote:OK. 465 not working. It stucks to 'execusion command, please wait'
Ok I go to deepen this point...
PaaNooS wrote:Thank you for your tests but I really don't care about this issue. In fact it's very convenient for my to direct login to NAS
Sorry but on our side it is a critical issue. And I understood the issue. On last FF versions (but from which ???), there is a new confirm popup when you try to disconnect. As it is done by the firmware, no confirmation is sent and then the default value (cancel action) is done by the browser.

We go to release a patch to fix this point.
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:04 pm

So about your mail issue :

- You should try to update the CA-bundle (certificate authority db) of the NAS (go to the setup menu and tab "other settings")
- according to this site (https://ssl-tools.net/mailservers/otenet.gr), otenet mail servers support secure transfer

But if the feature is enabled by default on their servers, you do not have to enable the option "force TLS for connecting"
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:14 pm

Jocko wrote:So about your mail issue :

- You should try to update the CA-bundle (certificate authority db) of the NAS (go to the setup menu and tab "other settings")
- according to this site (https://ssl-tools.net/mailservers/otenet.gr), otenet mail servers support secure transfer

But if the feature is enabled by default on their servers, you do not have to enable the option "force TLS for connecting"

OK updated CA-bundle and tried again.
Nothing changed. With TLS disable I take the message 'error (1)'. With TLS enable the message is 'email sent' but receive no test mail
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:17 pm

I confirm the settings for your email provider :
https://www.getmailbird.com/setup/access-otenet-gr-via-imap-smtp(smtp tab)

You just have to test with/without the option "Enforce TLS for connecting"
Please to note: this point is already available in the help page of Notification menu
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:20 pm

PaaNooS wrote:With TLS enable the message is 'email sent' but receive no test mail
So some progresses...
Did you check if the mail is not detected as spam ?
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:23 pm

Jocko wrote:
PaaNooS wrote:With TLS enable the message is 'email sent' but receive no test mail
So some progresses...
Did you check if the mail is not detected as spam ?

Yes I did. No mail received - spam or no spam
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:35 pm

So we go to test if we can receive a mail from you.
Then run the commandline
Code: Select all
echo -e "Hello !\nI just tested if you can receive my mail\nSee you later\n end line"|mail -s "Check notification" webmaster@plugout.net

Please to post the output but remove personal data if there are
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:37 pm

I'd like to mention an issue just for your reference.
During weekend pulled out both Lacie NAS hard diks and put a smaller (3TB) to the left-hand bay. This hard disk was part of RAID 1 in a WD MyCloudEX2Ultra.
Run fvdw-sl-console and installed UIMAGE-3142-KIRKWOOD-171-standalone
After power-off and on the NAS was working perfect. I could access the NAS without running
setenv LaBackdoor yes
setenv bootcmd 'disk 0x800000 0:6 ; setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200 netconsole=6666@${ipaddr}/,6666@${serverip}/ root=/dev/sda7 ; bootm 0x800000;'
saveenv

Little crazy ??
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby PaaNooS » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:39 pm

Jocko wrote:So we go to test if we can receive a mail from you.
Then run the commandline
Code: Select all
echo -e "Hello !\nI just tested if you can receive my mail\nSee you later\n end line"|mail -s "Check notification" webmaster@plugout.net

Please to post the output but remove personal data if there are

Sorry. Not understand. where run the command ?
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

PreviousNext

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs2