Blue LED Blinking and no network access to 2Big Network

Blue LED Blinking and no network access to 2Big Network

Postby PaaNooS » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:09 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I need some help please to see if I can fix my 2Big Network.
The NAS worked perfectly until today. I used energy saver so the NAS hibernated last night but today morning did not boot correctly.
Front light is blinking continuously BLUE but both rear leds are OFF and I cannot access NAS, even no ping.

What can I do to fix my NAS ?
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Blue LED Blinking and no network access to 2Big Network

Postby fvdw » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:30 pm

Which firmware is on this nas? Lacie or fvdw-sl?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:51 pm

fvdw wrote:Which firmware is on this nas? Lacie or fvdw-sl?

I don't know and I have no access to my NAS. But Model Number is LAC2000345 if this help

I've tried a similar power supply (12V / 4A) from another NAS but have the same problem
Also tried to boot with no hard drives but with no success
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:15 pm

If you never installed fvdw-sl then you will have lacie firmware. A blue blinking front led means that the nas cannot acces the disk to load firmware or loading of firmware failed because of corrupt files. There are several topics on the forum on how to investigate the problem with lacie firmware.v(most of them in 5big2 sub forum

You can also try this
So yiou use original lacie firmware, I suggest you read the manual it described a recovery method that can be used and which will (if successful) will save your data.
See this link http://manuals.lacie.com/EN/manuals/d2- ... ork2/start
Reset Without Data Loss

Caution: Following these steps will erase all Dashboard data such as users, groups, shares, and settings. It will also reset the machine name to the default and reset the network settings to DHCP.

Caution: After following these steps, all files will be moved to a folder called Recovery in Share and so by default will be available only to the administrator.

Make sure the product is turned OFF.
Press and hold down the front button. Without releasing the front button, turn the product on by pressing the power switch on the rear of the product.
Keep the front button pressed until the front LED becomes solid red, then release it. (The LED should become solid red about 10 seconds after you turn on the product.)
The front LED will blink blue. When it becomes static blue, press the front button once within 5 seconds to confirm reset.
If any of the steps are omitted, the product will boot normally without resetting.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Tue Nov 15, 2022 3:59 pm

fvdw wrote:If you never installed fvdw-sl then you will have lacie firmware. A blue blinking front led means that the nas cannot acces the disk to load firmware or loading of firmware failed because of corrupt files. There are several topics on the forum on how to investigate the problem with lacie firmware.v(most of them in 5big2 sub forum

You can also try this
So yiou use original lacie firmware, I suggest you read the manual it described a recovery method that can be used and which will (if successful) will save your data.
See this link http://manuals.lacie.com/EN/manuals/d2- ... ork2/start

Tried reset procedure but
When it becomes static blue, press the front button once within 5 seconds to confirm reset
it never become static blue

I'll read other topics and come back
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby PaaNooS » Tue Nov 15, 2022 9:17 pm

fvdw wrote:If you never installed fvdw-sl then you will have lacie firmware.

I never installed fvdw-sl

fvdw wrote: There are several topics on the forum on how to investigate the problem with lacie firmware.v(most of them in 5big2 sub forum

Sorry but could not find any topic to investigate the problem

fvdw wrote:So you use original lacie firmware, I suggest you read the manual it described a recovery method that can be used and which will (if successful) will save your data.

I've read the manual but there is no recovery method. Only a 'reset to factory default' method

fvdw wrote: When it becomes static blue, press the front button once within 5 seconds to confirm reset.

Followed the procedure but never became static blue

So i have stuck.
Can you give me some more help please ??

Forgot to say that this is a RAID 1 NAS so I tried the reset procedure with the Disk 2 out of the box. About 10 seconds after power up the front led went RED, I released and went flashing BLUE but after a while went again static RED.
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Wed Nov 16, 2022 8:44 am

what you could do is try to use the fvdw-sl console (see download subforum)and load the standalone kernel. That kernel runs from RAM and can be used to investigate the disk. However when lacie firmware is corrupt it has no means to install lacie firmware but it could enable you to copy your data and install fvdw-sl.
If you succeed to load and start the standalone kernel give a command like this to see if disk is accessible
Code: Select all
fdisk -l
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Wed Nov 16, 2022 9:11 am

fvdw wrote:what you could do is try to use the fvdw-sl console (see download subforum)and load the standalone kernel. That kernel runs from RAM and can be used to investigate the disk. However when lacie firmware is corrupt it has no means to install lacie firmware but it could enable you to copy your data and install fvdw-sl.
If you succeed to load and start the standalone kernel give a command like this to see if disk is accessible
Code: Select all
fdisk -l

fvdw-sl console
Install fvdw-sl firmware help and information

Important: all existing data on the disk will be lost if you use the installer

Is this true ?? I do NOT want to loose my data
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:14 am

Indeed :whistle

You select the bad action "Install fvdw-sl firmware" and not the action "Standalone kernel, load and start" which load a tiny OS on the RAM with a telnet access
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby PaaNooS » Wed Nov 16, 2022 10:29 am

Jocko wrote:Indeed :whistle

You select the bad action "Install fvdw-sl firmware" and not the action "Standalone kernel, load and start" which load a tiny OS on the RAM with a telnet access

So can you send me a link with the detail installation and recovering without loosing my data please ??
PaaNooS
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Next

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs2