2Big Nas

Re: 2Big Nas

Postby aturgut » Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:09 pm

Today I managed to recover the original OS and installed two test drives.
I hear too much fan noise and see that the temperature of the drives are >40 degrees Celsius.
Is that normal?

thanks.
aturgut

Postby fvdw » Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:09 pm

I don't know if the lacie firmware has an option to set temperature control for the fan but it is generally save to use hdd up to temperatures of 55 oC

Ps how did you recover the lacie firmware?
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby aturgut » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:24 am

fvdw wrote:I don't know if the lacie firmware has an option to set temperature control for the fan but it is generally save to use hdd up to temperatures of 55 oC

Looks like it does not have a user controllable temperature control. You know mine is 2big NAS model, and I checked the PCB based on http://lacie-nas.org/doku.php?id=2big_nas Apparently, the PCB has the flash installed. As you described in one of your old posts, I put one hard drive and followed the procedure in the user manual. Then I factory reseted the unit. Once I was able to login the web interface, I put the other drive and everything is set.

So far, things seem normal. Thanks for your helps. :)
aturgut

Postby aturgut » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:29 am

fvdw wrote:I don't know if the lacie firmware has an option to set temperature control for the fan but it is generally save to use hdd up to temperatures of 55 oC

As far as I understood, the flash contains the firmware and the bootloader but the OS. The OS is stored in the HDD's. Because when I try to boot up the unit without the HDD's, I cannot access it through the web interface.

Thanks.
aturgut

Previous

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs2