network drive keep loosing connection in win10

network drive keep loosing connection in win10

Postby ngc2392 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:11 pm

hi guys...problem is mainly shown after the update to 18.x of firmware. I used to add network drive and it worked normally. now, i just restart computer (or even just logoff) it "forget" the drive. simply cannot find the network drive. i must add that i have also 2 synology drive and they both work without problems. funniest part is that if i click on shortcut to network drive it opens normally. so, it just keeps disconnect the network drive after restart or some specific time (usually it goes for a week then drops out)
today i even formated the pc due to solving this problem but it is the same.
i have samba 3, nfs and webdav enabled in lacie...so, point me to some solutions. thanks
working on w10 2004 home x64, smb protocol installed.
ngc2392
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: network drive keep loosing connection in win10

Postby ngc2392 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:25 pm

well, after one day of scrathing head, screaming and stuff...i finally gave up. it's just too much for me to be learning something that works out of the box with synology and not here. on one computer i can find lacie (\\nas) on other i can't. really...it is a challenge, but not really for me. i just want to set it up and forget it. and not every couple of days deleting shared folder, reseting it...etc etc.
so...lacie is going to retirement.
ngc2392
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby fvdw » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:44 pm

Sorry to hear this but I must say I am using windows 10 and never ever loose connection to a neteork drive mappex to the nas. As network drive mapping is something that w10 is doing my guess is that this problem must be relatedto windows 10.
For the record I always use ip address of the nas to define the network drive and not nas name. This because windows 10 has troubles to find the master browser in the lan that keeps the list of ip and network names.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby ngc2392 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:44 pm

yeam i am sorry too. but, it's over my head really :)
how do you map network drive? within windows or with batch file? i usually start with run, enter \\nas (name of my nas), then right click on folder and map drive. that's it. and it works, at least it was working. it does work normally with synology devices.
ok, i will try mapping the ip addresses just to be on safe side. but not with lacie...
if you see my net use command windows...i am really confused :)

OK X: \\podatki\data Microsoft Windows Network
OK Y: \\dokumenti\data Microsoft Windows Network
OK Z: \\192.168.20.105\data Microsoft Windows Network
OK \\192.168.20.105\data Microsoft Windows Network
Disconnected \\nas\DATA Microsoft Windows Network
OK \\podatki\IPC$ Microsoft Windows Network

where x is one synology, y another synology, z is lacie. which is tripled for no reason :) right now i can't access lacie with \\nas but just with \\ip
ngc2392
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie 2Big Network vs2