Blue LED Blinking and no access to 5Big Network v2

Blue LED Blinking and no access to 5Big Network v2

Postby pstoian » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi,

I am new to this forum and I will need some help please to see if I can fix my 5Big Network 2 NAS.

The NAS worked perfectly until I decided to do a change in Network Settings, moving from bonding LANs to only one LAN interface. After the restart, I've got an error saying "Your device may be powering on. Please try again in a few minutes." I restart it and for the last weeks is still saying the same error. After a few searcheas I found that the firware might be corupted and needs to be reflashed.

The NAS is getting an IP but I cannot get into the Lacie Dashboard. I have 5 X 1TB HDD and I dont care if I am loosing the data as I have another NAS where I was keeping the Lacie backups. I did try to do a factory reset but the NAS is blinking continously blue and the reset has not been done succesfuly.

Please I will need some guidance on how I can fix this issue and restore the Lacie firmware.

Thank you in advance.

Patrick
pstoian

Re: Blue LED Blinking and no access to 5Big Network v2

Postby fvdw » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:22 pm

Dear Patrick, I suggest you try first to do some reading here in the different topics. We explained several times what needs to be done. I hope you understand this suggestion that you first try yourself

For example read this topic http://plugout.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=2511&start=10
But there are more with the problem that lacie firmware doesn't come up and a blinking blue led
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2