Firmware upgrades won't install anymore??

Firmware upgrades won't install anymore??

Postby CapnBubba » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:45 pm

I am having an issues with the update capsules not wanting to install anymore in the LaCie Firmware, Previously I had no problems, Now they don't want to install... Do I need the older files to build the drives, or is there a way to incorporate the firmware 2.2.13 into the code when compiling the drive... Any input will be appreciated..
CapnBubba
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Re: Firmware upgrades won't install anymore??

Postby fvdw » Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:44 am

Sorry CapnBubba but I have only limited knowledge of lacie firmware. Maybe you have to install all updates that have come out in sequential order. For example, if you are running 2.2.13 and want to upgrade to 2.2.15 (if that exists) you might have to install 2.2.14 first.
But I am guessing here.
fvdw
Site Admin - expert

Postby LacieHasser » Sat Dec 17, 2022 11:15 am

@Bubba:
Your post is a bit confusional:
1) On which version does you 5big2 running? 2.2.12? So you want an update for 2.2.13 - why? Only for the security fixes?
BTW: the latest OS is 2.2.12.3, not 13 (the PDF says: Minimum FW version: 2.2.12.2)
2) How do you handle the update?

Do you know the document named "5bignetwork2_2.2.12.2_readme.pdf" with instructions for the offline-update?
1. Download the .zip file and extract the .capsule file to a folder on your computer.
2. Using a browser, log into the NAS OS for your device.
3. Go to Shares and ensure that you have a shared called “admin”. If you do not, please create one. Note: Ensure that “admin” is lower­case!
4. Now go to Users and ensure that there is a user called “admin”.
5. Ensure that the admin user has read/write access to the admin share!
6. Now, from Windows Explorer or the Mac Finder, navigate to the admin share on your NAS:
7. Login with the user name “admin” and the password for that account.
8. Now, open the folder that contains the .capsule file that you downloaded and extracted earlier and move it into the admin Share.
9. From the NAS OS dashboard, restart the NAS and wait for the device LEDs to stop blinking and to show ready. Once the NAS is booted, you should be at the new firmware.

2.2.12.2 Release Notes
Removed UPNP/IGD rules that can lead to vulnerabilities
Removed Anonymous access to FTP server

Minimum Requirements
Minimum FW version: 1.2.3 Minimum LNA version: 1.4.1

So it must be able to update from very, very old FW.

@fvwd
First you have to get them, on LaCie support you only find the last two versions (latest is 2.2.12.3), not the old ones.
LacieHasser

Postby CapnBubba » Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:13 pm

My disks are 2.2.3 when I compile a new disk from code. I have tried all the mentioned... Has anybody got any of the older 2.2.3 - 2.2.10 capsules... LaCie is no help... they don't support them... I have 7 nas drives, and they all have the same issues when it comes to the update... they use to update, but not anymore and auto update just errors out... .. Thanks for your help...
CapnBubba
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby CapnBubba » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:35 am

Eureka!!! I found the issue, I had to add a sub folder to the share folder called Update (Case Sensitive) drop the upgrade capsule file inside and do a restart from the menu on the control panel, it worked, and the file was removed from the folder.... Thanks Everybody especially (whoever posted it in a different profile), for your support. this issue was kicking my ass for 3 months off and on... Thanks again
CapnBubba
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2