How to host a website on 5big Network2

Re: How to host a website on 5big Network2

Postby Jocko » Fri May 07, 2021 8:21 pm

So anyhow you have succeeded to start now phpmyadmin :thumbup
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby lisek » Fri May 07, 2021 9:19 pm

Thanks for all of yours very useful info of your knowledge.

Now I can create and manage databases, install Wordpress and connect it with the database.

But when I try to login on the wordpress I don't have 'permission to access /myweb/wp-admin/ on this server' (403 error)
Of course I know my user/password and even if I change it and use exactly the same login and password as for phpMyAdmin - it don't give me the access... :(

I just can guess, that is because I created folders/files without a proper permission maybe somewhere... grrr.
Now I'll try to solve the problem first and when everything will work, I'll delete it all and then start again just for my step by step tutorial... :)

Actually it is a lot of good fun by practising to manage an own server (and not that easy as I expected), and still a lot of knowledge to learn...

It is really good that there are people like you Jocko, which give an own time and knowledge to strangers, just for help -big thanks!!!
lisek
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Sat May 08, 2021 6:41 am

Hi

3 ideas about your login issue:
- conflict with current credentials
if you are already logged on our firmware interface, then your browser tries to reuse them to load WordPress pages because wordpress is hosted on our firmware interface
You can confirm that by opening a private window with your browser. Do not open fvwd-sl interface but directly your wordpress url and if you succeed to login then there is no bug

- bad permissions on your WordPress files.
You must have as permissions : 644 on files and 755 on folders. Use this command to restore them
Code: Select all
chmod -R 644 /direct-usb/fvdw/myweb
chmod -R a+X /direct-usb/fvdw/myweb
(be careful it is a sensitive char command !)
and better to set nobody owner on them
chown -R nobody:nobody  /direct-usb/fvdw/myweb

but one file requires custom permissions wp-config.php so
chmod 440 /direct-usb/fvdw/myweb/wp-config.php
(no write permissions)
So test if there is a change

- .htaccess is corrupted
Delete it (or rename it) and go to WordPress settings dashboard and then make a new submit request (save click). This should create a new htaccess file
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby lisek » Sat May 08, 2021 12:15 pm

Never ending story... :)
Everything seems to be working now (I did all of your suggestions), but I still have had problems with the permission:

I passed all of the Wordpress' configuration and installation steps, and I can manage everything on my wordpress website dashboard, but when I tried to see the website preview (Visit Site), then again I saw the '403 Forbidden' problem with info: 'You don't have permission to access /myweb/ on this server.'

/share/1100/fvdw$ ls -ld myweb
drwxr-xr-x  5 nobody nobody 4096 May  8 11:18 myweb

When I added '.htaccess' file with: 'DirectoryIndex index.html index.php' inside, then the whole website runs fine (I hope) :)
I didn't know, that Wordpress can not work without the '.htaccess', even when I typed manually the full address as: http://mynasname/.../index.php, because it works (without the .htaccess) for the wordpress admin page, bot not for a general website preview... so, it was not a privilege problem, but just missing index.php line in the .htaccess

Anyway, I'm testing the working website now... and later I'll have to change password, user, URL for an outside access...
So, you will not be boring with me Jocko yet ;)
lisek
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Sat May 08, 2021 5:03 pm

Hi

Glad to heard that :thumbup

Via the symlink in /usr/htdocs, WordPress is seen like a subfolder of our firmware interface. So without .htaccess in WordPress, it inherits the settings from our htaccess (in htdocs). So credentials are then those of our firmware.

Now if you do not add a new directive directoryIndex in your htaccess then it is the one of our firmware: home.htm which will be used. As this file is not present in WordPress folders and index.php or index.html is not allowed with our firmware, you get a forbidden answer.

So all should be ok now
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby lisek » Sat May 08, 2021 8:55 pm

I'm happy too :)
Jocko, if you can find some time, please check my updated tutorial carefully. Maybe you can simplify something, but remember this tutorial is for laymen like myself ;P
As well you may add something at the end of my tutorial in 'THINGS TO REMEMBER & TROUBLESHOOTING' - I tried to add everything we already discovered on my problems (except anything related to the phpMyAdmin, because I didn't add it to the tutorial yet)

Again, I may have no time for some days, but I'll continue...
Best regards :D
lisek
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby lisek » Sat May 08, 2021 11:01 pm

One more question now.
Jocko wrote:No need to use this way. Just upgrade the firmware, to get a fresh version 18.2 and delete the folder addons in the share fvdw (stop first any add-on feature: mysqld, transmission, ...)

How to stop everything (SQL, PHP, Addons...) before delete the 'addons' folder and before update the firmware (to refresh a 'clean' firmware)?
I would like to start everything from the beginning including all patches, addons and so on...
lisek
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Postby Jocko » Sun May 09, 2021 10:03 am

Hi

According with your previous post (ps output), currently you use only mysql add-on. So to stop it, you may use the command
killall mysqld
. For the other add-ons you may use their related menu (transmission; minidlna;...) to stop them.

Php is not running as a daemon, so you have nothing to stop on this side.

Note: I go to read your new howto
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby Jocko » Sun May 09, 2021 10:56 am

So I made some changes on wordpress chapter

Note: you have mysqli table in Apache and PHP environment, because you also added the line extension==mysqli.so in php.ini. But in your howto, you don't it (as it is useless for WordPress)
Jocko
Site Admin - expert

Postby danilomag » Fri Feb 09, 2024 12:14 am

I followed the guide to the letter and I've been looking for a solution for hours but I'm not finding it and I don't understand what I'm doing wrong, who can help me?

root@fvdwsl-base:/ # mysqladmin -u root password MyPaSSword
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'
danilomag
Donator VIP
Donator VIP

Previous

Return to Lacie 5big Network vs2